And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: Zanza on October 18, 2013, 07:47:10 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 18, 2013, 05:44:17 AM
although it could refer to a general religion overhaul.
Must be a general religion overhaul as Jews are just not important enough from a playability perspective. I assume it will be for the three Abrahamic religions Christianity (mainly Catholicism), Islam and a bit about Jews. Would fit in nice with The Old Gods, which basically enhanced all the non-Abrahamic religions in the game a lot.
Looks like it's this. Could be good.

Also Jewish nobles re-establishing the Kingdom of Israel.

Zanza

First developer's diary: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?730289-Crusader-Kings-II-Sons-of-Abraham-Dev-Diary-1-The-College-of-Cardinals

It's good that they improve on the core regions of the game and don't just widen the scope again.

Tamas

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

I want a Church history version of a Balkanista to write outraged posts about how cardinals weren't invented until the 11th century and it should really be simulated by hiring mobs for Roman noble families to fight over the city :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 22, 2013, 04:12:11 PM
I want a Church history version of a Balkanista to write outraged posts about how cardinals weren't invented until the 11th century and it should really be simulated by hiring mobs for Roman noble families to fight over the city :lol:

I actually thought about that (not writing enraged posts, but that process of selecting popes evolved over time).  Of course the game is a game, not a history lesson so I have no problem with a Curia selecting a pope in the 9th century.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Finally a game where we can all channel our Messiah complexes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I hope Pdox has good office security. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Queequeg

Jewish conquest of Mecca is going to be sweet.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Unless they do something special for Khazaria (like a standing army of sorts), playing as a Jew is going to be tough.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2013, 10:27:21 AM
Unless they do something special for Khazaria (like a standing army of sorts), playing as a Jew is going to be tough.
That's what they did for the "Karen Satrapy."  You can convert surrounding tribes to Judaism to try to pacify them, too.  Not that implausible, either, there is some evidence that the Seljuks and other Oghuz Turkic groups were Jewish for some time.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Also, some kind of EUIV-ish trade system for CK2.

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on October 23, 2013, 03:45:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2013, 10:27:21 AM
That's what they did for the "Karen Satrapy."  You can convert surrounding tribes to Judaism to try to pacify them, too.  Not that implausible, either, there is some evidence that the Seljuks and other Oghuz Turkic groups were Jewish for some time.

My point was that currently, when a mini-mod turned Khazaria jewish, Pechengs attack about a month in and then further gobbling occurs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.