Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Maybe she wants to live free.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on June 23, 2013, 12:37:30 AM
Here's an odd one.  My daughter-in-law invited me into a scheme to revoke her own titles.

Women  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2013, 12:02:17 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2013, 05:35:24 PM
If you decide that you shall never ever reload, the game can occasionally still present challenges.

People reload in this game if it doesn't provide their optimal result? :huh:

Of course they do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Wasn't Tim infamous for editing his game files to get better results?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Forming the HRE as the Byzantines makes a lot of sense. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I just think that recovering from failure/bad luck is such a huge part of the game, one of the main draws.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 20, 2013, 05:13:55 PM
I've had a long game going for awhile now where I start at the Alexiad and try to restore the Roman Empire. Right now my character is a 72 year old emperor (second person in the dynasty to be the Emperor of a Restored Roman Empire) and the succession is buggy. Anything involving Byzantine succession has always seemed prone to problems ever since the DLC and introduction of "Born in the Purple." So right now my 72 year old Emperor recently had his ~48 year old son die, that 48 year old son had a 30 year old son who inherited all of his titles and he becomes my heir. That's exactly what I'd expect from Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture...but then like 2 days later in game, my second son is now the heir. Unfortunate because he's a nothing baron I sent to some provincial court ages ago to avoid trouble and my now disinherited grandson has been given a large section of the Empire to run. (I usually try to keep my heirs minimally landed to avoid just this, but for some reason I said screw it in part because my ruler was living so long.) I really have no explanation for it, I don't think it should be a "Born in the Purple" thing because no one in my game has been born with that trait since I restored Rome, and neither my current ruler or any of his sons have the trait...but I'm suspicious that maybe somehow it's still in play.

Hmm, so I never fully thought out ramifications of BitP. Simplifying it a little (as I actually had a slew of daughters), but I had one 14 year old daughter from before becoming Byzantine Emperor and 1 daughter born after.  My kingdoms were set to go to my eldest daughter and my Empire to the youngest.  However, as soon as my eldest daughter had  a son (whom I married to a distant kinsman), she suddenly became heir of all my titles.  I guess the male preference of Agnatic-Cognatic made it so that first daughter was given priority as she has a male heir.  I'm a little concerned though what will happen if my born in the purple daughter has a son. Will it switch back to prefer her line?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2013, 11:06:35 PM
I just think that recovering from failure/bad luck is such a huge part of the game, one of the main draws.
I generally agree, but I reload sometimes if I suffer a crushing defeat and don't see any realistic way of achieving a meaningful recovery.  Usually this involves war against infidels.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on June 24, 2013, 03:43:19 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2013, 11:06:35 PM
I generally agree, but I reload sometimes if I suffer a crushing defeat and don't see any realistic way of achieving a meaningful recovery.  Usually this involves war against infidels.

Didn't I post about my crushing defeat as Queen of Poland (though to my own realm, not infidels), where all I had left was one county for my underage female countess? Within her lifetime, clawed myself up to be Queen of Rus (using a weak claim inherited from her father). Wouldn't have had as much fun had I reloaded.

Razgovory

Rough time for queens in Poland.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Agelastus

Quote from: Viking on June 22, 2013, 06:43:49 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2013, 06:35:57 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 22, 2013, 06:30:06 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2013, 05:35:24 PM
Holy crap I just lost a game! As Granada (1066 scen). Mostly thanks to Castile getting half of the peninsula and roflstomping me in a couple of wars, then a crusade finished off my realm.

If you decide that you shall never ever reload, the game can occasionally still present challenges.

I used to do that until I decided that losing every game to CTD or bluescreen was not fun.

Perhaps you need to get a better machine?

Hey, this was in EU1. Show me an EU1 player that didn't crash all the time and I'll show you a liar.

I played it nearly continuously for a year after it came out (several hours a day) and don't recall a significant issue with crashes. :hmm:

But then I may just be lucky that way - I play BSGonline and only have a fraction of the lag and crash issues that seem to affect a lot of players as well.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

garbon

Oh shit, my 60 something year old king just died. I'm now 2 year old son and there are claimants in France, Italy, Germany and Asturias. I think I'm headed downwards! :D

Phillip V

1.102 released as well as new DLCs: Celtic Portraits, Celtic Unit Pack and Dynasty Coat of Arms Pack 3

Queequeg

Playing as 1100 start Lithuania with Old Gods. Constantly raiding Poland is awesome.

Why can't Muslims and Christians raid religious enemies?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."