News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Just listened to a bit and it does sound like it'll be better this time. Such as country names sticking around and what have you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Also it's supposed to export the savegame file into a mod that you load with EU4. Should be interesting to tinker around with.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Yeah it seems like that's what allows it to be a bit more custom to your situation in CK2 whereas a save would have you limited to the religion/countries available in EUIV.

Big improvement over CK=>EU2 convertor then which use to mash together all sort of countries to fit the available tags / would sometimes mash interesting things like Egypt and Almoravids into Mamluks (or something like that).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

There should be a good variety of interesting alternative history scenarios from these CK2 savegames that people can share after the game is released, too.

I might preorder this soon.  :blush:

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 30, 2013, 02:53:13 PM
There should be a good variety of interesting alternative history scenarios from these CK2 savegames that people can share after the game is released, too.

Okay, Tim. :P

And, I already did. :blush: :(

FunkMonk

Mark my words, the Aztec-Kingdom of Jerusalem Axis will rule the world.

garbon

:hmm:

It better be mad talented. Johan posted that if you buy the converter as a separate DLC, it'll debut at a price of 9.99.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2013, 09:44:21 AM
:hmm:

It better be mad talented. Johan posted that if you buy the converter as a separate DLC, it'll debut at a price of 9.99.

Well, hopefully that means they'll support the damned thing more.  With the amount of people who were always begging for a Paradox-supported converter, they almost could charge $20.

garbon

I do like though the poster who is suggested they debut EU4 at a $20 base to more than double their potential customers.

Sophie Scholl

Anyone interested in a free copy?  Apparently I got one from Steam for pre-ordering EU IV.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

Quoteatch 1.11:
1.11 will be deployed next week, and the new patch will include a few features that should make dealing with plots a bit easier. After hatching a plot, you can now tell the game to automatically invite all plotters who are willing to join your scheme. No more having to browse through the Potential Plotters list and individually sending requests to every single character who wants to join!

Also, you can now set the game to always demand that characters end their plots as soon as they come to your attention. Another handy addition is that you can now see at a glance which potential plotters can be won over to your side if they are bribed.

Among the other things added is a new Siege Leader trait (finally), a favorite IP table for the multiplayer menu and some additional support for modders.

Also 2nd small DLC for August is one that lets you edit graphical features of character (once in a game) as well as edit shield and names of your titles (and vassals).

I realized, while playing as the Byzantines, that there are a few things that would be nice given that they created all those empires.

1) Be able to transfer over any ducal vassal. As it stands now, I believe you can only transfer over dukes that are part of the de jure territories of a king title. Bit annoying at an 863 start where Germany has such a small de jure area (and unlikely to grow given that Bavaria and Lotharingia aren't titles that typically go away).

2) Be able to set-up more than one set of message settings (maybe with a few default themes). When you are a small state, makes sense to have most things flagged to you as high importance / low importance. By the time you are a sizable empire though, almost everything has to be shifted into log only as otherwise you drown in notifications about how a character you don't know of wants to kill another character you don't know. :D

Zanza

That customizer seems useless. I would have hoped for a content DLC, e.g. events/mechanics for the HRE or so.

garbon

Yeah they said it was going to be minor and that it is.

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2013, 08:26:10 AM
Also 2nd small DLC for August is one that lets you edit graphical features of character (once in a game) as well as edit shield and names of your titles (and vassals).

YES!  I wonder if they make this available now that Keanon's mod that used to do this is no longer supported (he lost interest in the game)?

I don't know about you people but I find the last graphical pack to be ugly as hell - the Scandinavians all look sickly while the Irish look like retards.  Apparently they have a new artist... he/she isnt' very good.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

I think the last 2 were substantial improvements* but I agree they messed up with color schemes. Scandinavians had a bit too much blue.

*substantially over Med and Russian packs which I don't use.