Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on June 07, 2013, 01:00:23 PM
Why not?

Because it has never happened in the history of the world to the best of my knowledge?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

I had to fuck up something. My Orthodox vassals keep Holy Warring Catholics just to see their war instantly end.

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2013, 01:06:47 PM
Why not?

Because it has never happened in the history of the world to the best of my knowledge?

Ah, the historical straightjacket fan. Rarely spotted these days.

Caliga

Why not?

Fourth Crusade?  :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on June 07, 2013, 03:20:35 PM
Fourth Crusade?  :sleep:

This is about the Orthodox declaring a holy war on Catholics not the other way around.  And if you want to talk about Crusades one was called on the Holy Roman Emperor :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on June 07, 2013, 12:56:18 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 07, 2013, 12:55:35 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 07, 2013, 12:44:51 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 07, 2013, 12:19:14 PM
err, I can apparently Holy War Catholics as Orthodox. Is that WAD or I messed up my cb_types file?

Why wouldn't you be able to?

Why would I?

Why not?

Because before the Great Schism they were nominally all one big happy church.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

Why not?

Several Russian wars against the various Catholic powers might fall under the rubric of a holy war. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

I just won a crusade that was targeting the kingdom of Andalusia which at this point had incorporated most of North Africa from Morocco to Tunisia into its dejure kingdom area as well as Iberia. I thought my game was going to break. I've now 313 holdings!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Is the new expansion fun? I didn't really play The Republic much and I am not sure if I am interested in Pagans. Has someone played as East Francia?

Cecil

I ran a short game as Lotharingia. Those Karling kingdoms are a mess of unstability and claims and counterclaims. Dont expect to see any HRE popping up ever under current conditions. Only west frankia seems to be stable to any degree at all.

garbon

Quote from: Cecil on June 09, 2013, 08:04:37 AM
I ran a short game as Lotharingia. Those Karling kingdoms are a mess of unstability and claims and counterclaims. Dont expect to see any HRE popping up ever under current conditions. Only west frankia seems to be stable to any degree at all.

Eventually they stabilize. In my now long-running game, Germany has most of Germany and Hungary. Might have been able to found HRE but I took Lotharingia.  That said, I do think it'd make sense to lower formation requirement on HRE to maybe something like 65% or 70% being as how it is an Empire that we want to see form.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

It's not much of a challenge playing as a norse character. I started as the chief of Dublin and after 50 years the kingdom of Ireland includes the entirety of the British isles, most of the North Sea and Baltic coasts and large swathes of Scandinavia and Aquitaine. I have reformed the norse faith and now I pretty much take what I want.

Some oddities: East Francia was inherited very early on by West Francia, while Lotharingia was apparently inherited by some Greek dude. The entirety of Lotharingia went Orthodox in the first 20 years. More recently it has been absorbed into the Byzantine Empire

garbon

Something strange happened to me where the King of Ruthenia and Byzantine Empire both briefly went Ibadi (Shiite heresy?). Very odd that.

And yeah, not surprisingly the Norse are kind of a walk in the park.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2013, 10:56:40 AM

And yeah, not surprisingly the Norse are kind of a walk in the park.

Gay or regular?