News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Yeah, I don't think I'll jump onto this expansion right away. Still a bit burned by the HoD expansion for V2 - still no official patch that stops England and Portugal to release their colonies as dominions in the first month (there's a beta patch, but I hate mucking about with those, unless it's clear that the game in question has been moved to "sparetime hobby" for the P'dox staff, and an official patch is unlikely to materialize.

Besides, the new Distant Worlds expansion is out, as is the Fallen Enchantress one (want to see if this time the game is more than the sum of its parts ... and I get it for free, anyways). And there's also the Civ expansion coming.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

But duuude, it has: nomad Magyars! I am SOOO settling in Northern Italy.

Anyways, feel free to try the HoD beta patch, the dominion thingie is much-much, much better.

Germany gets insane strong though.

Tamas

But yeah, I am totally in game overdoze mode. this expansion, the DW expansion, there is this new little god game from the makers of AI War, I am on my 14th day in Don't Starve, I have an FM13 game I really want to continue, there is the civ5 expansion coming, Vicky2 is kind of nice now, I got defeated in Reus during the weekend and want to continue etc...

These past two years have been great for gaming. Too bad they didn't happen in my early teens.

Syt

Yeah, for me it's Distant Worlds, the new Call of Juarez, a bit of Reus, possibly Fallen Enchantress, some OOTP14, the LEGO games . . .

. . . but I also  make sure I spend at least an hour on my sci-fi novel every day. :goodboy:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on May 24, 2013, 03:29:30 AM
Quote from: some dude in the P'dox beta AAR thread
About the viking trait:

viking = +0.3 prestige, +1 Martial
Augustus = +0.5 prestige

So. Being a leader of some band in the middle of nowhere gives you more than half prestige which is monthly obtained by a ruler of the restored Roman fraking Empire?

Altough I guess I shouldn't be surprised. How could POSSIBLY a Roman Emperor rise to a world standing comparable to Henrik Bumfucküston, Count of Svesligismiddleofnowhereis?

Yeah I saw that and thought - another thing to mod. that said, I don't really care about the comparison the poster made as restored Roman Empire only occurs if the player makes it and I've no interest in that after doing it once.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

I've just taken advantage of some the CKII sales to update the DLC I had.  Have now installed the Republic and am quite lost in it... anyone have any quick tips for playing a Republic?

jimmy olsen

Ugh, literally days after my faction bloodlessly gained the Imperial throne for my husband I have a second son. Now the first son, engaged to a genius princess of Denmark (though 8th in line), will merely inherit the Kingdoms of Sicily and Serbia, while his brother, born in the Purple becomes Emperor.  :yucky:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Some interesting bits from the changelog for 1.10. (And this was jut me picking favorites that I spotted :D)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?690260-Crusader-Kings-II-The-Old-Gods-Official-Q-amp-A-Thread

Quote- Liege levies now have 0 morale when raised
- Bastards may now marry normally. If they have children, they will start a new dynasty.
- You now need more than 50% of the de jure counties to usurp or create a title
- You are now allowed to switch commanders if no crown law applies
- Prisoners who are close relatives to the main participants are now automatically released after a war
- Demand Conversion now also converts the court of the recipient
- Revised Gavelkind succession to work better and be smarter about titles that characters already hold
- Prevented Gavelkind exploit where you could grant your oldest child and heir extra titles before succession
- Made the events where people claim they would make a better councillor rarer
- Added an event where powerful vassals can choose independence after a successful Decadence invasion
- Outsiders can now ask to join "other" claimant wars
- Added vassal Opinions of a liege who lets a guardian of the right or wrong culture educate their heir
- When the primary title is taken from a Caliph, the Caliphate should now go with it if the taker can hold it
- Independence faction leaders are no longer imprisoned on white peace
- Electors will now tend to vote for other dynasties if the reigning one is too powerful in the realm
- More nasty plots against overly powerful dynasties
- Likelier to start and join claimant factions against overly powerful dynasties, if the claimant is of another dynasty
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

That said, I think a lot of the changes are going to take trial and error to get a hang of!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jaron on May 26, 2013, 12:59:07 PM
Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2013, 09:01:22 AM
Name him Despot

That's a horrible name for a child.
Pretty sure only my husband can do that, and only if he's in his court, which he isn't, he's in mine.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point