And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on January 31, 2013, 10:13:40 AM
Hmmm...

Quotethe problem with judaism(in this game) is that the jews where not a majority.The Khazarian leaders,converted to judaism for political purposes,and that s about it.

I sincerley don t understand the obsession of some with the jews.I mean,they where extremley unimportant and above all hated trouought the entire Euro African world !!!They didn t do anything signifiant ,they didn t have a real impact on the Medieval World,they were mostly mere money landers,traders etc.

And if the jews are going to be implemented in game,why shoulden t the Indian Empire be implemented as well?or the Chinese?The were equally unimportant regarding Medieval Euro-Africa.(ok,maybe the chinese were a bit more important nvm)

In conclusion,please stop with this obsession,and try to enjoy the game as it is,a wonderful game !

LOL must be a Euro.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

I think Wallace comes from the Germanic word for "foreigner" or "stranger".  It can be found in several place names like Wales, Walloon, and Wallachia.  It's probably no different the English last name, "strange".
Yeah.  Hence Wallonia, Wallachia and Whales. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Phillip V

Josquius

So....what exactly is new to the game in the republic?
Elections for cities I get. Though game over coming with every succession could potentially annoy. I trust losing your position isn't a game loser.
Building trading posts somehow...
Anything nice and naval?
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on February 01, 2013, 01:19:09 AM
So....what exactly is new to the game in the republic?
Elections for cities I get. Though game over coming with every succession could potentially annoy. I trust losing your position isn't a game loser.
Building trading posts somehow...
Anything nice and naval?

Seriously, go read the press release or any review. I don't get why people in this day and age of google ask other people to waste their time explaining to them something that is already explained in every possible way elsewhere and available within 10 seconds of asking for it.

Josquius

:rolleyes: I've read the press-release and other stuff trying to sell the game.
Wondering from people who've actually played it if there's anything of substance.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on February 01, 2013, 07:34:12 AM
:rolleyes: I've read the press-release and other stuff trying to sell the game.
Wondering from people who've actually played it if there's anything of substance.

Your concern of game over because you lose elections shows that you have no idea about the DLC.

garbon

Sadly I have to agree with Marti.

Also, sad is how the CK2 forum is a buzz with lots of ideas on how to represent different things at the 867 start - which we know will never make it in. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I still like my idea of rolling the start date back far enough so you can play Muhammad.  Fuck the Arabs and their inevitable whining from that.

As someone mentioned earlier, The Prophet Muhammad PBUH is already represented in the game.  His portrait looks badass btw. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

My Sheikh of Basra / Sultan of Mesopotamia game took dramatic turn thanks to the Ilkhanate :P I managed to gather a force of around 60k after spending my money on mercs. Still was not enough to defeat the 111k doomstack. Now the once glorious Sultan, ruler of Mesopotamia, half of Arabia and Armenia, is a mere Duke and Caliph of Baghdad, with his glorious empire fractured, some vassalized like himself, some independent, waiting to be eaten up piecemal.

Now the challenge to climb back up!  :menace:

Viking

Quote from: Viking on January 31, 2013, 11:24:45 AM
More griping about factions

I can't join a faction-war to place me on the throne on the grounds that I'm already at war with the plotters while every AI character can join a faction after the war starts. That's just wrong. To add insult to injury I got mamed while leading royal forces fighting to imprison myself while the revolters spent the entire revolt besieging my demesne.

I am waiting for a new patch and am disabling the feature.

apparently the feature is patch related... sigh.. so I can't turn off factions.

So, how do I avoid virtually all my here to fore dukes joining the factions revolt after it starts? Because that is what kills me, not the actual revolters, but rather that all my supposedly loyal positive relations dukes join the revolt after it starts.

I realize building a monster retinue helps.
I realize getting an anti-pope so I can excom-arrest faction leaders without consequence.
I realize getting the pretenders to my court before the revolt starts and arresting them in the time between the letter of demands and them skidaddeling off to the revolt leader's capital.
I realize keeping my spy master at home digging up dirt on nobles rather than sending him to alexandria to learn about irrigation or siege technology helps.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Also an alternative (albeit risky since he can call in allies if they are friendly enoug with him): deal with the faction leader by force if necessary. fabcricate a claim on his shit, and then revoke it, even if it leads to war you are better off than fighting the entire faction. I resort to this when the faction appear to be too strong.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on February 01, 2013, 09:10:13 AM
Also an alternative (albeit risky since he can call in allies if they are friendly enoug with him): deal with the faction leader by force if necessary. fabcricate a claim on his shit, and then revoke it, even if it leads to war you are better off than fighting the entire faction. I resort to this when the faction appear to be too strong.

That's what I'm doing. I get my anti pope to excommunicate the fucker, then arrest him, release him immediately and arrest him again. Keep this up until he escapes. At that point everybody figures out what my retinue was doing hanging out outside his castle walls.

Or if he doesn't have any heirs, I just keep the fucker arrested. Or I just move on to the next fucker in the plot.

I want to know how to prevent ALL the dukes that either aren't already under arrest or got their titles from my present character or are allied by marriage from joining the revolt.

I think it is a bit strange that I can't join the factional revolt after it starts but all my dukes can. Maybe I just told myself the answer and need to marry into all my ducal families.. but then again.. that doesn't work all the time either ...

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Once he is imprisoned by you it is quite easy to assasinate by plot.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on February 01, 2013, 09:36:32 AM
Once he is imprisoned by you it is quite easy to assasinate by plot.

Again, preventing the war. I can deal with that. The game should make sense in a manner that sometimes these war do break out. What happens then is that the original plotters revolt and get magical extra troops, since for some reason all their vassals are fully loyal.

At that point I gather my troops. Levy what I can, hire a few mercs and send in my retinue. Great, I outnumber the revolters about 2-1. I strike win the first battle and then my army disappears since all my vassals join the revolt. Despite having been at war with the revolters only a few seconds earlier (I think, not sure of that). I know when I was a vassal during such a war (to place me on the throne of all things) I could not join the revolt, join the faction or declare war on the king myself.

What I want to know is why there isn't a Royalist Faction rather than a cascade of cascading marriage alliances (cause that's what I think is happening) bringing in all my dukes against me. The new dukes haven't had time to get marriage alliances and the imprisoned ones can't join wars against me.