Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2013, 07:11:48 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 03:00:00 AM
What's wrong with "us"? Allow me to consider myself Magyar please :P

Sure weird ethno-nationalist. I guess though typical for your part of the world. :(

"Magyar"  is the Hungarian word for "Hungarian", FYI

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Besides, I still don't see how that means you should use We when talking about those who died before the 10th century. Even more bizarre than Tim's We of the Patriots. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2013, 07:14:15 AM

Oh Christ, it's not some kind of New World expansion, is it?
Vikings v Aztecs  :bleeding:

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2013, 07:32:47 AM
Besides, I still don't see how that means you should use We when talking about those who died before the 10th century. Even more bizarre than Tim's We of the Patriots. ;)

Where is this line drawn, pray tell me.

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on January 29, 2013, 07:37:07 AM

Oh Christ, it's not some kind of New World expansion, is it?
Vikings v Aztecs  :bleeding:

I was thinking about that. The icy setting makes sense only for Greenland or North America

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 03:49:54 AM
no shit.

Of our extended finno-ugric family, we and the Finns moved out of what is usually Russia. The rest stayed.

Can you tell who they are? Of course you can't, and it is no coincidence.

Modern Hungarians have very little to do with Dark Age Magyars. :rolleyes:

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on January 29, 2013, 07:55:00 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 03:49:54 AM
no shit.

Of our extended finno-ugric family, we and the Finns moved out of what is usually Russia. The rest stayed.

Can you tell who they are? Of course you can't, and it is no coincidence.

As do most all other peoples, except for isolated inbred nations :P

Tamas

Seriously people if you deny continuity between present Hungarians and the ones in the 7th century AD I just don't know what to say.

And I will say "us" or "we" when referring to them. If an American can spooge all over the forum regularly regarding the Caucasus, I can bloody well call my people mine.

Fuck you all.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 07:45:42 AM
I was thinking about that. The icy setting makes sense only for Greenland or North America

It doesn't make sense for, you know, Skandinavia?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 08:11:22 AM
Seriously people if you deny continuity between present Hungarians and the ones in the 7th century AD I just don't know what to say.

And I will say "us" or "we" when referring to them. If an American can spooge all over the forum regularly regarding the Caucasus, I can bloody well call my people mine.

Fuck you all.

I support your eternal right to consider yourself a Magyar....being that you are one and stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on January 29, 2013, 08:42:57 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 07:45:42 AM

It doesn't make sense for, you know, Skandinavia?

Vikings landing with big ho-hum in Skandinavia? What sense does that make? "Honey, I am home!"

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on January 29, 2013, 07:55:00 AM

Being a modern Hungarian is bad enough, can't you at least grant them this one small thing?  Man vicious, cruel, and heartless bastards on this board.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 08:47:26 AM
Vikings landing with big ho-hum in Skandinavia? What sense does that make? "Honey, I am home!"

It makes plenty of sense if you are announcing the ability to play Norse and pagans going forward.  I highly doubt they are going to make an expansion about explorations that happened 50 years+ before the game starts.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 07:44:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2013, 07:32:47 AM

Where is this line drawn, pray tell me.

I'd flip it back to you. Would you consider modern Egyptians or Greeks to be the same as their ancient/celebrated counterparts?