News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I kinda hope they don't push the start date back as there are a lot of things they would then need to take into account (including tech for instance) that I'm not sure they'd get correct.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on January 28, 2013, 01:08:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 28, 2013, 01:08:10 PM
That sounds like wishful thinking to me.  We'll see.

but you agree, a great time to start

Oh hell yeah that would be awesome. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on January 28, 2013, 01:15:04 PM
They had a VERY promising system for handling barbarian populations and migrations in EU:Rome. Since I dont see them adding that here, I really hope they dont try mess around with several people (including the mighty Magyars) arriving mongol-style and settling two provinces away from the edge of the map

:huh:

But that's historically accurate.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

I think the most badass thing EVER would be to push the start date back to the 7th century and allow you to play as Muhammad or the Rightly Guided Caliphs and play out the birth of the Caliphate. :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I don't know where the Hungarians came from, but it might be close enough to already appear on the map.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on January 28, 2013, 09:13:17 PM
I don't know where the Hungarians came from, but it might be close enough to already appear on the map.

Foothills of the Urals, it's on the edge of the map.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: Viking on January 28, 2013, 09:18:21 PM

IIRC we were already in the Ukraine in the 7th century

Razgovory

I knew they were related to some of the Finnish type tribes in Russia.  Pictures I saw of Magyar raiders make them look rather Central Asian in armor and clothing, they probably had some connection with Turkic people that were on the Steppes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 01:59:42 AM

"You" were latest inhabitants of the Pontic Caspian, maintaining an increasingly awkward relationship with the Khazar Khagans.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on January 29, 2013, 02:54:56 AM

"You" were latest inhabitants of the Pontic Caspian, maintaining an increasingly awkward relationship with the Khazar Khagans.

What's wrong with "us"? Allow me to consider myself Magyar please :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on January 29, 2013, 02:54:56 AM

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Tamas

no shit.

Of our extended finno-ugric family, we and the Finns moved out of what is usually Russia. The rest stayed.

Can you tell who they are? Of course you can't, and it is no coincidence.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on January 29, 2013, 03:00:00 AM
What's wrong with "us"? Allow me to consider myself Magyar please :P

Sure weird ethno-nationalist. I guess though typical for your part of the world. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon