News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Apulia can be in big danger from Fatimids. Ai also typically succumbs there. England after Will is in charge can pick up the isles. Only meddling from France is for Normandy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

In general, you are not in danger of de jure claims from Muslims in Spain. The only kings in existence in 1066 are the Christian Kings and they are the ones with claims on some Muslims (especially the King of Aragon - the downside being that he is a one province country in 1066). The only realm muslims can create in Spain is Andalusia but noone is in a position to create it in 1066 and its de jure reach is not that big to begin with.

However, Muslims use holy war against you quite ruthlessly.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on January 04, 2013, 05:06:11 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2013, 04:58:29 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2013, 04:45:54 PM
Do Muslims hold higher de jure titles in CK II?  In CK I they generally didn't.

Oooooh.  I think how they are handled changed alot with the Muslim expansion.  Their titles are different than Christian ones I think.  Like the realms are usually named after the Dynasty (the Seljuks, the Fatimids, etc....)

No actually it most cases their titles are the same, they are just named differently - as you said after the dynasty. If you go to the title screen (the one that you also see when trying to usurp) - it shows in brackets what the title actually is.

You are both right - most titles are handled the way garbon describes but some titles can only be created if you are of a relevant religion (for example, the only kingdom Muslims can create in Spain is Al-Andalus and Christians cannot create it - they can however usurp it once it is created and then it is called Andalusia).

garbon

Aka most cases. :P

Also I'll revise my statement about transferring duchies. Looks like that is possible - though really the issue I'm having then is that the amount of vassals that can be transferred is always a limited list - and many times that list does not include the vassal that is desired.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Is it wrong to feel bad about betraying AI characters in the game?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Fireblade

Well, the Game of Thrones mod has really improved.

Razgovory

How do they implement things like magic or monsters?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on January 05, 2013, 08:58:05 PM
Is it wrong to feel bad about betraying AI characters in the game?

No, just stupid.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Raz loves all of God's Creatures.  Even the digital ones.

Jaron

Quote from: Fireblade on January 05, 2013, 10:57:33 PM
Well, the Game of Thrones mod has really improved.

What's it like?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2013, 01:48:05 AM
How do they implement things like magic or monsters?

What magic and monsters?  :huh:

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on January 05, 2013, 12:06:02 PM
Aka most cases. :P

Also I'll revise my statement about transferring duchies. Looks like that is possible - though really the issue I'm having then is that the amount of vassals that can be transferred is always a limited list - and many times that list does not include the vassal that is desired.

Actually, based on a recent thread in Paradox forum, it appears you were right - it is only possible to transfer the ducal title to its de jure liege, not to any King that is your vassal. This was implemented recently as a way to prevent players from gaming the system, by creating an insta-teleporting armies (otherwise, technically, you could have vassal Dukes in Persia, but transfer them to your King vassal in France and have all the troops appear in the French King's capital).

Tamas

A "why CK2 should be game of the year" article:
http://kotaku.com/5972744/why-crusader-kings-ii-should-be-game-of-the-year

which is nice because it captures the fascination I had (and still have) with it, why it is so good.

Razgovory

garbon

I read you can hatch a dragon.