News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2012, 06:30:07 PM
Yeah, I wish they wouldn't plot just for he sheer joy of plotting.

yeah, you don't hang out much around real people alright.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on December 19, 2012, 02:52:11 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2012, 06:30:07 PM
Yeah, I wish they wouldn't plot just for he sheer joy of plotting.

yeah, you don't hang out much around real people alright.

No, not really.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 18, 2012, 06:09:48 PM
I get tired of telling people to end plot. What boring little busywork.

I only tell them to stop plotting if this affects me directly (e.g. they want to kill my preferred heir or usurp my title). Otherwise, I let them plot - at least this keeps them occupied.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2012, 05:56:44 PM
Quote from: Tamas on December 18, 2012, 09:17:25 AM
You guys suck. Factions seem to have made the game easier for me.

PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE, people.
I'd be killing plotters left and right, but it's right after the Norman Conquest and me = po'. :(

Not sure why it's so expensive to order someone killed in CK2... how much does a dagger cost anyway? :hmm:

I never even use the assassinate function - I wish it was completely removed from game, as it is just silly. You can now assassinate everyone you want through plots and that's what I do all the time.

Martinus

Reading some comments, I am convinced you guys have no idea how to play this fucking game.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on December 18, 2012, 09:17:25 AM
You guys suck. Factions seem to have made the game easier for me.

PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE, people.

It beats me what kind of problems they have, to be honest. Especially now, with retinues, the factions rarely if ever even get to the level of threat when you get a warnining icon popping up on the main screen.

Martinus

Dev Diary for The Republic posted. Some new info:

- Only Genoa, Pisa, Venice, Hansa and Gotland playable at the outset but more may be created during game.
- All Patrician families inherit by Agnatic Seniority (painful).
- Nobles and Patricians can intermarry but (i) Patricians need to pay gold for the privilege, and (ii) they cannot inherit each other's holdings (so if the Patrician and the Duchess have 2 sons, one would go on to become the Duke and the other to become the Patrician, assuming both are eligible to inherit).
- DLC to be released on 14 January

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2012, 05:22:54 AM
Reading some comments, I am convinced you guys have no idea how to play this fucking game.
Probably not. :blush:  So give me some comprehensive advice on how to destroy them.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

When a faction is formed, its made of guys who do not like you, right?

If they get close to revolt, it means they have probably one, maybe two guys with considerable military power.

They have a reason to dislike you. Hover over the relationship number and check out why. Remedy it, if possible. Often when you have been inheriting and conquering stuff as a king, you end up with direct count vassals under the de jure territory of a duke. This is easy to miss and a big relationship hit, but at least it shows in the relationship tooltip.
Maybe it's enough to give a honorary title. Or a bribe. If not, plot against him. Excommunicate him then imprison him. Even if you force a brawl with him it will be better than fighting the whole faction. But it rarely gets there.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2012, 07:34:28 AM

- DLC to be released on 14 January

I was disappointed by this until I realized two things:

1) it's less than a month away
2) it's one day before my birthday

which of course made me even more disappointed

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on December 19, 2012, 07:57:42 AM
When a faction is formed, its made of guys who do not like you, right?

If they get close to revolt, it means they have probably one, maybe two guys with considerable military power.

They have a reason to dislike you. Hover over the relationship number and check out why. Remedy it, if possible. Often when you have been inheriting and conquering stuff as a king, you end up with direct count vassals under the de jure territory of a duke. This is easy to miss and a big relationship hit, but at least it shows in the relationship tooltip.
Maybe it's enough to give a honorary title. Or a bribe. If not, plot against him. Excommunicate him then imprison him. Even if you force a brawl with him it will be better than fighting the whole faction. But it rarely gets there.
Ok, so what do I do if I'm broke?  In my current post-conquest game I have like 50 bucks.  I can barely afford to create Duchies with my pitiful income. :(

Tamas

I can't stress easy-to-miss stuff  enough, like vassals not belonging to their de jure liege.

But, if you can't resolve the reason of dislike (wrong culture, your character is Martinus, etc), and you have no money, then yeah you are in a hard position.
Make sure you send your spymaster against the strong dude, to work the "stop factioning" angle.

And if faction war does break out, make sure you concentrate on the leader. It is enough to break him/her and he is often not the strongest of the faction.
Also, do not be too proud to white peace out every once in a while instead of winning, as white peace also gives a good performance boost now.

and: imprison strong faction members at every god damn excuse you ever get.

Ed Anger

I always go for total victory. I loved filling the dungeon with 20 criminals and stripping them of titles, then castrating them.

Usually while touching myself.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on December 19, 2012, 08:13:36 AM
I can't stress easy-to-miss stuff  enough, like vassals not belonging to their de jure liege.

But, if you can't resolve the reason of dislike (wrong culture, your character is Martinus, etc), and you have no money, then yeah you are in a hard position.
Make sure you send your spymaster against the strong dude, to work the "stop factioning" angle.

And if faction war does break out, make sure you concentrate on the leader. It is enough to break him/her and he is often not the strongest of the faction.
Also, do not be too proud to white peace out every once in a while instead of winning, as white peace also gives a good performance boost now.

and: imprison strong faction members at every god damn excuse you ever get.
The wrong culture shouldn't be a problem, because in my latest playthrough of the conquest I literally took every single holding and therefore threw ALL of the Saxons out.  Every title went to a Norman, either of my house or some other house--I recruited some Normans from Apulia to take a couple of counties even.  I also gave a county to a Capet, since my son in law is the King of France, and one to a 'Stephen of Blois' because I thougth that would be funny and ironic.  The last two were probably mistakes, but I expect them to provide some amusement. :sleep:

Caliga

Also, people keep talking about retinues but I have literally none of those nor do I understand how to obtain any. :hmm: