News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

I wouldn't call being able to troll the EUOT-crowd a mark of high intelligence.  :huh:

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Maladict on December 10, 2012, 04:16:41 AM
I wouldn't call being able to troll the EUOT-crowd a mark of high intelligence.  :huh:

maybe that was a troll in itself?

Razgovory

Any good ideas how to deal with the Mongols?  From the Principality of Novgorod  I created an entire Russian empire.  It's been over a hundred years since Raz the fat took control and started beating the shit of out of Pagans to create the Kingdom of Lithuania, I think the year is around 1200 now.  The game has had some intersting moments.  The Muslims steamrolled Iberia and moved into to Southern France, until the English drove them out.  William the Conquerer took England and Harold Godwinson died in William's dungeons.  There was some sort of reversal of fortune though since Harold's son led a rebellion and William ended his days in Harold's son's dungeon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Run away. Try and get them sieging in the south whilst you run your army to the north to take their provinces. Try and funnel them towards other people. Don't be afraid to sacrifice massive armies to whittle down their numbers- your forces regenerate, theirs don't, it makes future wart easier.
When I played a Russia game it took a few wars to get rid of the mongols but I eventually did.
Oh, and assassinating the khan to get them fighting each other is good.

The mongols never showed up in my current game. :(
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Currently they seem content to fight in Iran.  There is also still a mess of pagans and Greeks on the steppe.  I also have alliances with Byzantium and the Holy Roman Empire which will be certain to help.  Curiously Hungary has fallen to Muslims who invaded through Croatia completely bypassing Greece.  Something weird I noticed; Shia and Sunni seemed to be switched.  Iran is Sunni and most of Arabia and North Africa is Shia.  No clue why.  Doesn't really matter so long as they are different.

Neat thing is that I used that character editor and made an idealized version of me.  Curious as my little avatar won wars he lost negative traits like Depression and Stressed.  In the end I ruled for 66 years as Raz the Fat (well I used my real name).  It is kinda neat to see my name stenciled across half of Europe.  House Raz is now one of the strongest in Europe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Razgovory on December 11, 2012, 12:31:42 AM
Currently they seem content to take fight in Iran.  There is also still a mess of pagans and Greeks on the steppe.  I also have alliances with Byzantium and the Holy Roman Empire which will be certain to help.  Curiously Hungary has fallen to Muslims who invaded through Croatia completely bypassing Greece.  Something weird I noticed; Shia and Sunni seemed to be switched.  Iran is Sunni and most of Arabia and North Africa is Shia.  No clue why.  Doesn't really matter so long as they are different.

Neat thing is that I used that character editor and made an idealized version of me.  Curious as my little avatar won wars he lost negative traits like Depression and Stressed.  In the end I ruled for 66 years as Raz the Fat (well I used my real name).  It is kinda neat to see my name stenciled across half of Europe.  House Raz is now one of the strongest in Europe.

the sinni-shia switch is probably explainable by the Fatimids (shia) not falling and the Seljuks (sunni) hanging on

Viking

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 09, 2012, 08:25:26 PM
Just chop Iceland off. Who cares about them?

all balkantardic patriotism aside.. I gotta agree, no point in spending 1/3 of the map on ocean so you can add a fictional county and two "counties" that barely merit the title. While this is the most interesting period in icelandic history it mainly consists of dude A and his 15 friends going and burning the house of dude B with dude B and 15 of his friends inside.

Not worth including the north atlantic in the map.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on December 11, 2012, 06:10:07 AM
dude A and his 15 friends going and burning the house of dude B with dude B and 15 of his friends inside.

Njals saga. :wub:

Razgovory

Hooray!  I've reached the most common end point I have with Pdox game.  Crash to desk top.  Don't know why.

Crazy_Ivan80

having a fun game etm:

the Byzantenes did lose these anatolian holdings (except trebizond) as they did historically. No crusades have succeeded so far (damn those fatimids are strong!) and few have been called as a result. The Fatimids did launch a successful jihad against Hautevill-Italy and wiped it out. And the mongols are chipping away at everyone, it's only a matter of time before they take me one (and probably win).
I've been playing Antioch, became Aragon in 2 generations (my main heir became king of the place before my original starting toon died, meaning that my heir's son became heir to antioch first, and heir to Aragon second). Was iffy with the fatimids, seljuks, Castillians and Abbasids allround but I lived through it.

Martinus

It seems CK2 players are really keen of suggesting useless features. I mean, there is a huge following for "cadet branches" and "loyalist faction", whereas these are entirely redundant features which add nothing to the game. I'm perplexed by their idiocy.

Caliga

If you marry a chick who has a (regnant) title, will she ever come to your court so you can knock her up?

In my most recent game as William the Conqueror, Mathilda died.  My conquest of England wasn't complete Cornwall had become an independent kingdom, which I invaded and managed to capture its Queen, Bronwen.  Somehow--not sure how this happened--I ended up marrying her while she was my prisoner and I was still at war with her, but I didn't produce any kids with her and after her death some nephew of hers took the throne.

Anyway, so after she died I got betrothed to Beatrice di Canossa, Dutchess of Tuscany and Countess of Spoleto (I was 56 and she was 15 :perv: ).  When she came of age we got married, but the bitch won't come to Rouen so I can jackhammer her. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Characters don't have to be in the same court to produce offspring.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

What garbon said. Just as well you can be leading troops on a crusade but you can still produce offspring with your wife back at court.

Iirc, the only circumstance in which a character is prevented from producing offspring for "location" reasons is when they are in a dungeon.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 13, 2012, 09:39:04 AM
What garbon said. Just as well you can be leading troops on a crusade but you can still produce offspring with your wife back at court.

The seed is strong.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."