News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Yeah, the way the game doesn't keep track of character locations is kind of annoying. You can have just the three good generals and shunt them between two armies on either side of the continent from week to week as they get into battles.
CK3 wishlist would be character location as a more important thing. More steps taken to move away from the map based conquer-em-up basis of the game.

Trouble is though in the game wars can last for decades....and they're non-stop, not like in reality where you had campaigning seasons and all that. Will be hard to model that right.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Tyr on December 13, 2012, 10:45:07 AM
Yeah, the way the game doesn't keep track of character locations is kind of annoying. You can have just the three good generals and shunt them between two armies on either side of the continent from week to week as they get into battles.
CK3 wishlist would be character location as a more important thing. More steps taken to move away from the map based conquer-em-up basis of the game.

Trouble is though in the game wars can last for decades....and they're non-stop, not like in reality where you had campaigning seasons and all that. Will be hard to model that right.

Well, I haven't bought CK2, so I'm not sure about it, but CK1, unlike the EU series, didn't model weather.  Put weather in the game, and some really bad attrition in bad weather, and you'd get campaigining seasons, at least a winter break.

garbon

I'm not sure I agree. This is a game. I think it would sound more like micromanagement hell to have to keep track of every character's actual location.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on December 13, 2012, 07:59:47 AM
If you marry a chick who has a (regnant) title, will she ever come to your court so you can knock her up?

In my most recent game as William the Conqueror, Mathilda died.  My conquest of England wasn't complete Cornwall had become an independent kingdom, which I invaded and managed to capture its Queen, Bronwen.  Somehow--not sure how this happened--I ended up marrying her while she was my prisoner and I was still at war with her, but I didn't produce any kids with her and after her death some nephew of hers took the throne.

Anyway, so after she died I got betrothed to Beatrice di Canossa, Dutchess of Tuscany and Countess of Spoleto (I was 56 and she was 15 :perv: ).  When she came of age we got married, but the bitch won't come to Rouen so I can jackhammer her. :(

Yeah, she'll get knocked up.  What I find annoying is that the If you marry a Duchess you become the Duke of the Kingdom but you don't actually get to rule it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2012, 12:16:58 PM
What I find annoying is that the If you marry a Duchess you become the Duke of the Kingdom but you don't actually get to rule it.

You are just Duke-Consort. Same when a woman marries the King - she becomes the Queen but does not get to rule either.

Razgovory

Yeah, but the middle Ages was kind of a sexist time.  If a King marries one of his duchesses you'd expect him to become the Duke as well.  I was pissed that I married my son to the Duchess of Ryazan but she was an idiot and kept going to war with the gigantic Cuman Khanate.  By the time I got the country it had one province left.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

So William died before I got around to dealing with Robert, who inherited the throne.  Of course now there are a billion factions, which automatically causes me to ragequit.  I hate the faction system. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

apparently, the new Russian female faces look like drag queens.

The Brain

I once squeezed one out that looked like Abraham Lincoln.

Oh, faces? nm
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

From the screenshots, many do look a bit mannish.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on December 14, 2012, 09:20:57 AM
From the screenshots, many do look a bit mannish.

yeah. not very impressive.

Slavs should have more round facial features, and a vacant pair of eyes :P

Josquius

What the hell is with that rebels flock to a rebelling duke's cause event? Gives them mongolesque invincible 100,000 men doom stacks :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Got my current game going again.  After fighting a rather useless war to put my son in law on to the thrown of Denmark (though it is a matrilinial marriage so my grandson should get the country), I realized that the Muslim horde has take Poland, Czechia, and Hungary.  The Golden Horde and he Illkhanate have both shown up, but don't seem too keen on attacking a United Russia.  They took out some of the remaining pagans on the steppes and they conquered Muslim central Asia and Persia, but haven't attacked me.  They seemed to have run into three Superstates.  Mine, the Greeks (who are my allies), and whatever the current Muslim dynasty is called.  Instead, the Greeks attack them.

I do wish my vassals were constantly fighting each other though.  It's rather annoying.  Also It would be nice have knights.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2012, 11:18:06 AM

I'm not sure I agree. This is a game. I think it would sound more like micromanagement hell to have to keep track of every character's actual location.
It could be....the current way though is too lax. Needs some sort of healthy half way point I think.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on December 13, 2012, 10:01:07 PM
So William died before I got around to dealing with Robert, who inherited the throne.  Of course now there are a billion factions, which automatically causes me to ragequit.  I hate the faction system. :(

That is why you can assassinate people.  I've been playing orthodox so I have a person excommunicated then arrested then executed.