News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Next DLC: Republics

It will be about gathering gold and stuff.

It sounds somewhat good, altough seeing money pile up gets super boring super fast even with nobles.

Martinus

I love that you still play a dynasty, only it is not game over if you lose elections, as you have mercantile family holdings to hold to when not holding any titles. I postulated this few months ago as a way to implement republics without destroying the spirit of CK 2.

Martinus

This is CK 2 meets Machiavelli. Im orgasmic. This is the first DLC I may actually play as intended (wasnt too keen on Muslims or Byzantines).

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on December 08, 2012, 07:20:02 AM
This is CK 2 meets Machiavelli. Im orgasmic. This is the first DLC I may actually play as intended (wasnt too keen on Muslims or Byzantines).

In Machiavelli you had to work for your income. Here, as far as I can tell from presently available information, you sit and wait until you have enough money collected to build an other trading post in an other coastal province somewhere, then repeat ad infinitum. Hardly a trading game like Machiavelli.

Queequeg

Shit yeah. Hope it expands to the early 1500s to get some good Italian warfare.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on December 08, 2012, 07:28:06 AM

In Machiavelli you had to work for your income. Here, as far as I can tell from presently available information, you sit and wait until you have enough money collected to build an other trading post in an other coastal province somewhere, then repeat ad infinitum. Hardly a trading game like Machiavelli.

And you don't have to buy cardinals and kill off popes, either. :weep:

Maximus

I've been wanting this expansion since the game came out. Looks good so far.

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on December 08, 2012, 10:27:05 AM

Nah, cause then you have to expand the map for colonization.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Quote from: Razgovory on December 08, 2012, 04:04:14 PM
You could probably get up to 1500.  Guns and whatnot.  It'd be neat. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Finally tried the Rome DLC. My usual pokemon prince breeding programs? Doesn't work with greeks wanting thrones. :bleeding:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on December 08, 2012, 04:32:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 08, 2012, 04:04:14 PM
You could probably get up to 1500.  Guns and whatnot.  It'd be neat.

1453 is already pushing it.  The Portuguese were already doing major trading around Africa, and as you noted in this thread the Muslims were getting a lot of cash out of India.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Solmyr

They are kinda making EU4 soon, so I doubt they'll add the same period to CK2. :P

Razgovory

Setting an earlier date would seem more doable.  Still you'd have to figure out how to discover and colonize Iceland.  Setting it back during the fall of Carolingian Empire and the Viking Age would be neat though.  Shit was pretty wild then.

Ed Anger

Just chop Iceland off. Who cares about them?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

This thread shows why Languish is post-grad high ed and Paradox is elementary school when it comes to trolling:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?651572-Very-disappointed-by-new-dlc

A guy starts an obvious troll thread saying that before implementing Republics Paradox should implement playable baronies. People take the bait. I then congratulate the guy on making a good troll - and get a warning from a moderator. The thread goes for another 7 pages, then the thread originator and I laugh together at the moderator and the rest of the people who took the bait. :D