News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I have a question.  Do you have to install the game and it's DLCs in a particular order?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on November 18, 2012, 10:56:51 PM
I have a question.  Do you have to install the game and it's DLCs in a particular order?

Nope; they're all modular.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Steam sucks. Get the Gamersgate version.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2012, 03:27:57 AM
Steam sucks. Get the Gamersgate version.

I did.  For 75% off.  I like Steam but getting it for Steam would be dumb.  Steam does automatic patches and Pdox games don't do that well.  I still remember the patch for EU2 that erased Spain's AI.  The reason I asked was because EU3 has a specific order everything has to be installed in.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Josquius

Quote from: Cecil on November 17, 2012, 07:59:34 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 17, 2012, 06:48:00 AM
I dont understand succession, its really buggy sometimes. Should have standard eldest son stuff going on but for some reason some of my titles are set to go to my youngest not my oldest :s

Are you playing the byzzies?

Yeah.
Succession...can't remember the name. The normal eldest son, if no son then daughter, one.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on November 20, 2012, 02:19:40 AM
I dont understand succession, its really buggy sometimes. Should have standard eldest son stuff going on but for some reason some of my titles are set to go to my youngest not my oldest :s

Yeah.
Succession...can't remember the name. The normal eldest son, if no son then daughter, one.

Byzantine Primogeniture does not work like this. The crown goes, by default, to the eldest son born in purple. If you want your non-born-in-purple older son to succeed you need to give him one of the titular titles (I think it's titular Despot or Ceasar or some such).

Josquius

ah, that could be it.
Thought it was a return of a unpatched original bug for a while
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

Been playing a great deal lately. Clawed my way up as a OPM in ireland- now I have everything on the island but ulster, and just inherited brittany after a long history of intermarriage there.

Naturally, the aztecs will be coming.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Cecil

Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2012, 02:24:10 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 20, 2012, 02:19:40 AM

Yeah.

Byzantine Primogeniture does not work like this. The crown goes, by default, to the eldest son born in purple. If you want your non-born-in-purple older son to succeed you need to give him one of the titular titles (I think it's titular Despot or Ceasar or some such).

Yeah that was my suspicion as well. Its an annoyance.

Razgovory

Played a little of this.  I was doing fine, creating my own noble and making him duke of Polotsk.  All I wanted to do was fuck my new wife and have my horse be my vizier (which I apparently named "Glitterhoof"), and some dumbass pagans come wreck my shit up. <_<

Razgovory

You know what would be a decent expansion to this?  Setting back the date back a few hundred years and be a King during the Viking Age.  Stem the barbarian tide, or sack Christiandom.  Sounds like fun to me.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2012, 10:10:02 PM
You know what would be a decent expansion to this?  Setting back the date back a few hundred years and be a King during the Viking Age.  Stem the barbarian tide, or sack Christiandom.  Sounds like fun to me.

apparently the reddit AMA hinted at possible expansions (rather than a game) that plays during the Age of Migrations... but there was no mention of what game, not of any ETA... let alone that it was a certitude it would be made. But the possibility is there

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2012, 10:10:02 PM

Their market research indicates that people would rather live in a modern Detroit ghetto than be a Viking king.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.