News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2012, 08:49:29 PM
I don't like paypal and without that I have to jump through a million hoops.

How so? I paid with a credit card with no Paypal and it worked very smoothly.  :huh:

Syt

I've read before that some people seem to have problems paying with credit card from outside Europe.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

What is wrong with Paypal anyway? That you don't have all those separate Internet shops storing your credit card info? Bummer!

Martinus

The way my Citi Mastercard operates, I need to enter a separate code sent to my mobile by text every time I make an online purchase, so there is no risk of the data being stolen anyway. I sometimes notice that Americans are a bit backward, compared to Europe, when it comes to online payments.

sbr

Marti I don't think that can prevent the info from being stolen, but it would prevent someone else from using your card info if they got a hold of it.

Faeelin

I didn't realize there were chariot races in the 11th century; I thought it died out after the 7th century crisis. Interesting.

Martinus

Quote from: sbr on October 17, 2012, 06:59:20 AM
Marti I don't think that can prevent the info from being stolen, but it would prevent someone else from using your card info if they got a hold of it.

Yes, that's my point. :)

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on October 17, 2012, 08:49:24 AM
I didn't realize there were chariot races in the 11th century; I thought it died out after the 7th century crisis. Interesting.

I'm glad they have a CB to make sure that Hungary gets reclaimed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2012, 10:27:21 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on October 17, 2012, 08:49:24 AM

I'm glad they have a CB to make sure that Hungary gets reclaimed.
oh ha-ha!

That CB is ridicoulous. Not just because of Hungary but in general. I am modding it out, plus I am making muslim invasion CB a dukal CB if I can figure out how to. Fuck Fatimids.

Anyone know if there is a global modifier influencing the number of ships which can be levied? I want to divide that by 10 as well. :P

garbon

Yeah all and all though LoR added some stuff - I think it widely missed the mark of what it could/should have been about.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2012, 11:48:06 AM
Yeah all and all though LoR added some stuff - I think it widely missed the mark of what it could/should have been about.

from our point of view yes, but if you consider the Paradox board demographics, almost everyone who is not a HOI-fan closet nazi balkantard is a Byzanteen. So the DLC has become everything it could be, when you are running a business.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on October 17, 2012, 11:56:05 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2012, 11:48:06 AM

from our point of view yes, but if you consider the Paradox board demographics, almost everyone who is not a HOI-fan closet nazi balkantard is a Byzanteen. So the DLC has become everything it could be, when you are running a business.

I guess so through seems a bit much to suggest that they couldn't have snuck in some history in there and muslim fixes as well as byzanteen wet dream.

Of course, I re-checked that thread where people were excited by the chariot sequence and many didn't know that Nika Revolt had happened...so I can see that they'd have no issue with taking that event and projecting it 500 years in the future...

Tamas

I have: deleted the imperial reconquest CB altogether, made muslim invasions as such that it only goes against a duchy, and reduced AI naval invasion range to 1/4th of its default value. On the latter, the tooltip says that you can raise it if you take it over the default value (100), not sure if the decrease will have any effect. Fucking Fatimids.

Queequeg

Wasn't there a lot of intrigue between the Arpadok and Komnenoi?  I think that might actually be reason enough for a CB, although I usually just do it by marrying a Hungarian princess and murdering people until a toddler inherits. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

The thing I love about playing as a Byzantine is that I can use phrases like "murder people until an infant inherits" and not feel terrible or engage in anachronism.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."