News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

QuoteIn patch v1.07, you raise fewer, larger levies from your direct vassals (we call these "Liege Levies" for lack of a better term.) These levies are now handled separately from actual Holding levies; you only get regular holding levies from your own Demesne. The opinions of vassals of vassals are thus now mostly irrelevant; you only need to worry about the opinions of your direct vassals. Another benefit is that you don't get tiny little armies all over the place when you mobilize your realm. Liege levies also fix a fundamental balancing flaw in that you can no longer just keep raising little levies from all vassals as a war drags on (due to the portion of holding levies that was reserved for the liege.) The new Liege Levies do not reinforce at home while raised.

garbon

I hate that image so much.

Also, they kind of already told us that as I remember expressing concern about raising one army for a vassal in cases where their capital is in some far flung place.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Major dairyfactorying over here.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

It will be interesting to see if Factions can interact with outside players.  As Alexios I Komnenos (favorite character to play) I almost always play historically and marry John to Eirene Arpad, it would be interesting to see if I could get local support for their son's claim to Hungary.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on September 19, 2012, 10:45:41 AM
It will be interesting to see if Factions can interact with outside players.  As Alexios I Komnenos (favorite character to play) I almost always play historically and marry John to Eirene Arpad, it would be interesting to see if I could get local support for their son's claim to Hungary.

I believe Doomie said that factions are only internal.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Cecil

Shit this looks good. Avoiding CK2 until the DLC comes out so I can do a WC with the roman empire.

In other words...

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 19, 2012, 10:48:35 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on September 19, 2012, 10:45:41 AM

I believe Doomie said that factions are only internal.

But that they can support a foreign claimant. So I guess if his son has a claim on Hungary and he is liked by many Hungarian Dukes, I suppose one of them may start a faction to install him on the throne.

garbon

Not sure how I feel about these new leadership traits. On the face seems like it'll make combat a bit more annoying.

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on September 20, 2012, 01:25:07 AM

But that they can support a foreign claimant. So I guess if his son has a claim on Hungary and he is liked by many Hungarian Dukes, I suppose one of them may start a faction to install him on the throne.

I generally try to butter-up Dukes in a Kingdom I want to conquer anyway (say to kill adult and male claimants), it will be interesting to see if I really can do this. 

Tamas

QuoteThe main difference between Orthodox Christianity and Catholicism is probably the lack of a single leader (although the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople is nominally the first among equals.) Instead, there are a number of practically autonomous Patriarchs, though they remain in communion with the rest of the Orthodox Church. This is called autocephaly, and we now represent this in the game by making the Court Chaplain in Orthodox kingdoms a Patriarch who is the religious head of everyone in the kingdom. He has power over excommunication and divorce over all characters in his jurisdiction, though only the Ecumenical Patriarch can grant invasions. Autocephalous Patriarchs have to be bishops (rule a temple Holding), preventing them from marrying or inheriting titles.

However, this is not all; we are also adding another concept called the Pentarchy. These are the five original heads of pre-schism Christianity; the bishops of Rome, Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem. If there is an Orthodox bishop in one of these Holdings, he will be considered a Pentarch, and will act like an autocephalous Patriarch over his entire traditional see (Orthodox kingdoms within such an area will not have their own Patriarchs.) Each reigning Pentarch will strengthen the authority of the entire Orthodox faith. Incidentally, this mechanic also has bearing on some key Decisions in Legacy of Rome (more on that in the next dev diary.)

As an added bonus, we are making the other forms of Oriental Christianity a bit more interesting. There is now a religion called Miaphysite, which includes the Coptic Orthodox Church and the Armenian Apostolic Church. In game terms, it's another version of Orthodoxy, with its head in Alexandria instead of Constantinople. It has the same mechanics with autocephalous Patriarchs and the Pentarchy as Orthodox Christianity, but is not considered a heresy by Catholics and Orthodox Christians. The Monophysite heresy is now a heresy of the Miaphysite Church. Lastly, most Orthodox heresies now also work like Orthodoxy itself, and we've added the Nestorian and Monothelite heresies.

NICE! Looks like it'll be out in two weeks, as next week's dev diary will be the last one

garbon

I like that they are giving some love to the eastern orthodox faiths.

Tamas

If you think about it, the game will be quite big - separate mechanisms for Catholicism, Islam, Orthodoxy... A pagan DLC will also surely happen... Nice.

Fireblade

garbon

I'm glad that p'dox is being taken to task about some of that new battle stuff and how it generally appears that it'll be tedious.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?634347-Crusader-Kings-II-Legacy-of-Rome-Dev-Diary-3-Combat-Rebalance&p=14405004&viewfull=1#post14405004

Also, Tamas, I'm not sure 2 weeks is accurate as they still seem to be integrating things out of the bug forum. If that's the case, I'd be concerned about the patch coming out in two weeks time.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on October 03, 2012, 07:56:30 AM
NICE! Looks like it'll be out in two weeks, as next week's dev diary will be the last one

Fantastic.  It is about time they work on Eastern Christianity.  I mean this is the Crusades it was silly how these guys were left out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."