News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I'm playing the game as Poland, with what seems like an immensely long living family of Kings.

I'm running Gavelkind, with all extra sons being given their own bishopric to run so my demesne does not shrink (I revoke bishops when needed, as I have Papal investiture; also conquering the pagans helped a lot in this). I hold the Duchies of Lesser Poland, Greater Poland and Silesia as my persona demesne (thanks to murdering the starting Dukes before they got any children) and the younger branch of my family holds Masovia and Kuyavia. I have two non-dynastic Dukes in Courland and Samigotia and counts/prince bishops in Prussia and Pomeralia (despite holding all the provinces there, I did not create the Duchies there). I am now slowly kicking Denmark out of the Duchy of Lithuania.

Not planning on creating the extra Kingdoms though, as I want all the lands to become de jure part of Poland.

So far nothing unusual happened, outside of Spain being gobbled up by Muslims and some Southern HRE Duchies gaining independence. To the east the Kingdom of Rus/Ruthenia is quite powerful but I manage to steal Counties from them every now and then.

My demesne now brings the income of 30 gold per month so I'm raking in cash.

Solmyr

Jihads seem to be overpowered (not sure if in CK2+ or vanilla). The Abbasid Caliph took over the kingdom of Thessalonica (i.e. entire European part of Byz including Constantinople), apparently without needing to occupy any of it first.

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on July 23, 2012, 02:36:55 AM
Jihads seem to be overpowered (not sure if in CK2+ or vanilla). The Abbasid Caliph took over the kingdom of Thessalonica (i.e. entire European part of Byz including Constantinople), apparently without needing to occupy any of it first.

Yeah it's insane. In my game, Fatimids now own half of Spain because they won a Jihad for Galicia. I wish there was a way to switch the Muslims as a "global player" on and off - I want them to behave like they do when I am playing a Muslim ruler, but when I play a Christian one, I prefer them to be the "NPC" the way pagans are and while not a complete walkover, be defeatable.

Maximus

This was the result of an invasion rather than a jihad. The Almoravids had been rolling up the peninsula for  a couple years by the time I inherited Castile. Their first invasion of France failed when I jumped in and took back Barcelona. However when the went for it again I was embroiled in a civil war and couldn't help.

Later there was a crusade for France and Genoa won, so now I have the serene republic of France to the north.

garbon

I don't know if it is CK+ or 1.06 but I didn't know that the capture all controlled holdings of invasion CBs were gone when playing CK+. Got curb stomped as William of Normandy when I squandered my funds thinking I'd get all the controlled holdings which then didn't happen. With no funds, found myself facing down France (with zealous ally Denmark) and a civil war in England joined by basically all of the recently conquered saxons. :bleh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

Quote from: Drakken on June 30, 2012, 08:19:59 AM
Quote from: PRC on June 29, 2012, 10:18:02 AM
I went to start a new 1066 game with SoI last night but I couldn't decide who to start as.  None of the Muslim rulers really intrigued me.

I'm having loads of fun as the Emirate of Granada.

I took this advice and have had a very fun game so far as the Emirate of Granada - now the Sultanate of Andalusia. 

Faeelin

Still no word on the next DLC? Too bad.

Martinus

I'm playing right now a semi-cheaty game (giving myself some gold here and there) as the King of France, Lotharingia, Burgundy and Aquitaine of the Karling line.

Castille has been doing remarkably well, having united of all Northern half of Spain, but Byzantium has been gobbled up by Turks.

Queequeg

Playing as Aragon.  My kinsman, Duke Annibale II of Tunis (!!!!!!) just inherited Byzantium.  The main Doukas line has collapsed, but a cadet branch has declared independence in Serbia.  It's a fucking mess.  Don't know if I can continue the game. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

PRC

An odd event occurred during my Andalusia game:

From the same game:

Josquius

I wonder, has anyone ever tried a mod that gives big war score plusses for major battles as opposed to for sieging every single province?
That would be the more realistic way afterall.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: PRC on August 01, 2012, 12:29:18 AM
An odd event occurred during my Andalusia game:

I've gotten the event that triggers that where I get decide whether I should take a council position in my own council.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

IKK put this up when players were complaining about always becoming HRE.

garbon

Also amateur sleuths on p'dox have looked at steam and think "Legacy of Rome" is the name of the next DLC.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 09:46:18 AM
Also amateur sleuths on p'dox have looked at steam and think "Legacy of Rome" is the name of the next DLC.

A byzantine-centred DLC? :w00t:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.