News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

They do pretty well in the new patch. I'm playing as Seville -> Andalusia now, and Castille is whomping on the Taifas.

Just watch out for the Fatimids; they jihaded Aragon and seized it. Periodically they walk 15,000 men across my land for unclear reasons.

Cecil

Quote from: Tamas on July 06, 2012, 02:14:24 AM
I am getting the feeling that the game basically comes down as a HRE-Fatimid conflict, due to the massive OPness of these two, with the medium powers perhaps getting a say if the cards are right.

Fatimids and the Emperor must be nerfed

Well at least everyone isnt whining about teh ERE anymore. They actually do loose now and then with 1.06. Granted most of the time its to those retarded fatimid doomstacks but hey...beggars cant be choosers.

Tamas

I gave the Fatimids 60% starting Decadence, and just let stuff run as the habsburg count.

In 1104, the Fatimids havent intervened in Hispania, and Leon and Castille are almost double their original size, the Seljuks were left alone to jihad away Armenia, and HRE won the crusade for Jerusalem.

Faeelin

Heh. The unmodified Fatimids just seized France. All of it.

Tamas

the invasion CB is a bit... overpowered

Queequeg

Is it possible to get as a Christian? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Christians have had invasion CBs since the beginning (it's the Bastard's war is). You have to get permission from the Pope.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Ah. I almost never play Catholic.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Has anyone tried the ck2plus mod?

Sahib

Quote from: Tamas on July 08, 2012, 04:47:16 AM
Has anyone tried the ck2plus mod?

Only played one game on 1.06 patch, but seemed much more balanced and polished than vanilla.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2012, 07:58:07 PM
Christians have had invasion CBs since the beginning (it's the Bastard's war is). You have to get permission from the Pope.

You can only invade a nation larger than you, right?

Tamas

A new game as England, still 60% Fatimid startind decadence, funnily enough saw a kind of historic Iberian development. The Christians made headway initially, only slowed by Castillian infighting. But their eventual victory seemed asured, when the Almorovids (sp?) from North Africa Invaded them, for Andalusia. That made big-ass Leon lose half of it's size.
How it would have ended up, I am not sure, because when a crusade was called to take it back, I couldn't resist, moved in and kicked butt :P

Tamas

:lol: this may very well be the first game I lose in CK2: I have a single heir left, he is 57 years old (younger bro of my char), he has no son, one daughter, who married non-matrilineary and is too old for new children to begin with.

Jaron

Quote from: Tamas on July 08, 2012, 01:38:21 PM
:lol: this may very well be the first game I lose in CK2: I have a single heir left, he is 57 years old (younger bro of my char), he has no son, one daughter, who married non-matrilineary and is too old for new children to begin with.

That happened to be me once. I had married my dukes oldest daughter to the King of France, and later all his male sons died. As they had not yet had any children, I pulled some strings and got the two divorced after my duke died. I arranged a matrilineal marriage to some good-for-nothing lesser noble (just a sperm donor) but before they could bear fruit, my duchess was mysteriously assassinated... perhaps by the hand of her jealous ex-husband?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

and even my heir was assassinated, by the same asshole who assassinated the only (then still infant) son of the youngest brother of the generation, who was dead already at the time. Some Byzantine count, who head a weak claim somehow. He destroyed my dynasty :(

Now my character is 65, posessed, syphilicy. Not much use for the young lustful bimbette I got for him as wife.

I checked the dynasty tree and I see no reason to go elective or seniority, or female-compatible inheritance - there is simple nobody left.

Wow.