News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

A more important question is have they finally ironed out the bugs they introduced with the first patch version of 1.05?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

I just got this game; so much to it. But just trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do.   :hmm:

Queequeg

Playing as Cilician Armenia starting at about 1140.  King Levon I "The Great" took Edessa after the Principality was annexed by the Mosul Seljuks, then eventually conquered most of Mesopatamia.  Also took a chunk out of the Rum Seljuks.  Was able to declare himself King after the annexation of Mesopotamia.   

At age 73 his Frankish wife of 50 years died, and he decided to marry a beautiful, lustful,  20 year old lesbian Bohemian member of the Premyslid dynasty.  Not surprisingly, he died at the age of 74 while making love with his new wife.  I actually laughed.   

I'm also pretty sure she murdered her next husband, who was the bastard son of King Levon's son Stepane, and thus the grandson of her first husband. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Anyone played the Game of Thrones mod that just got released?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

How can we play it if just released :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 28, 2012, 02:44:12 AM
Anyone played the Game of Thrones mod that just got released?

The King died and everybody revolted trying to make himself king. I they called that mod "Vanilla".
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Scipio

Finally bought CK2.  How the fuck do you play this thing?  Oy!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Valmy

Quote from: Scipio on May 28, 2012, 08:53:37 AM
Finally bought CK2.  How the fuck do you play this thing?  Oy!

You pick 'Byzantine Empire' and then crush all before you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Faeelin

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?610568-1.06-Information-amp-First-Expansion

paradox has announced an expansion to Make Musllims playable. I can't wait to stable my horses in Saint Peter's.

Tamas

QuoteThe 1.06 update is now nearing completion, and it is now in QA. We aim to release it in mid to late june, with an exact date to be confirmed soon, and at the same time release our first expansion, the Sword of Islam, with a suggested price of 9.99€.

The patch will include lots of new features for free, including expansion of the map into Mali-Songhay, differentiation on strong and weak claims, new plot, expanded combat, and other features to be announced later.

Sword of Islam will enable playable Muslims, with lots of specific new mechanics for the muslims, creating a whole new experience for the player, where laws, marriage, holdings, traits, titles and more work entirely different.

Every Friday until release, we'll have a detailed development diary, where Doomdark will be talking both about what will be in the patch and what will be in the expansion.

Interesting

Valmy

Muslims?  Screw that I want to play Pagans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

The patches for CK2 confuse me. Are they changing their patch policy?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Not that I know of, no.  They have always been up-front about adding content via patches, but with major game-changes coming in through cheap DLC.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien