News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2012, 11:55:16 AM
Quote- Fixed a bug where children born after the father had died would themselves immediately die

:lol:
:lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

That is amusing.
It makes me wonder on a real world situation though- what if a lord died whilst his wife was pregnant with his first kid?
Obviously the kid isnt born yet to inheritance goes to his brother or whoever but after the kid is born...interestnig times.

I wonder when the 'play as non christians' dlc will appear.
Before I got bored of my last game, where I was playing around the Med, I saw interesting developments in Scandinavia. Sweden had gone Norse. The holy wars up there were nifty.
██████
██████
██████

Drakken

Quote from: Tyr on April 19, 2012, 08:42:02 PM
That is amusing.
It makes me wonder on a real world situation though- what if a lord died whilst his wife was pregnant with his first kid?
Obviously the kid isnt born yet to inheritance goes to his brother or whoever but after the kid is born...interestnig times.

Wrong: Regency until he is born.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_I_of_France

The same situation occured when Charles IV died: his third wife was pregnant and Philip, Count of Valois (the future Philippe VI) was named Regent. The Queen popped out a girl, and Philip got crowned.

garbon

Jos, you can already play as non-Christians.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 20, 2012, 03:35:19 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2012, 11:13:30 PM
Jos, you can already play as non-Christians.

How?

Well I don't know how the file layout looks like on a mac, but there's a file called religion.txt in the common folder. 4th line down on christian is a line that says 'playable=yes'. Just scroll down to the muslim group or pagan group and put in that line (above the individual types). When you start up again, everything is selectable.

Negative, of course, is that not everything is fleshed out. As a mere muslim count, I had to present a debutante to get a young enough wife.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Oh ok, I thought it was an implemented feature.

garbon

Well it is a new implemented feature in that one of the patches added that as a moddable line. ;)

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2012, 07:50:29 AM
Negative, of course, is that not everything is fleshed out. As a mere muslim count, I had to present a debutante to get a young enough wife.
Why?  There isn't polygamy. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

They should probably change inheritance laws to elective + murder of siblings too :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on April 20, 2012, 09:25:19 AM

Not sure I understand.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2012, 02:01:40 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 20, 2012, 09:25:19 AM

Not sure I understand.
That was a problem in traditional Muslim societies.  Polygamy among the higher classes meant that there was a whole lot of men without regular access to poontang.  It still is a problem, actually.  What reason is there for humble Beys not to have a harem, in your experience? 
They should probably change inheritance laws to elective + murder of siblings too
They need to bring back the rule of succession that saw it pass to strongest heir-that was the Ottoman system.

One of my favorite moments in Turkey was happening upon an old television drama set in the last years of the Byzantine Empire.  The Ottoman Turks were upright, moral Muslims while the Byzantines were treacherous and ignoble.  Found it hilarious, considering that at this point kinslaying and mass impalement was state Ottoman policy.  Every good Ottoman Emperor was at least as much of a bastard as Basil I, who got to the top by seducing men and murdering his friends.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

My point was that there won't enough women (I actually can't remember if there was anyone I could marry). Doesn't make for very much playing a game where your dynasty is front and center.

garbon

How does the AI make its choices now on who should be heir? Only thing I've noticed is that it tends to follow player suggestions, if strong enough and also prefers heirs from within the title's realm.