News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Sounds sort of good though I don't understand those new kingdoms. Seems like they might have a tendency to continue to exist if France and HRE create them. After all it's just a matter of money.

Nice that they brought the titular kingdoms back / because of this system they can finally let Galicia and Navarra be real kingdoms. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Fucking arabs beat the shit out of me.
I ain't playing in the Med anymore.
I'll be a welsh earl next.

How can I reduce the base relutance to agree to my marriage offers, so I can matrilinially marry high stats dudes?
It is too high the way it is right now. I cannot even get the son of a lowly mayor to marry my Duke's daughter matrilinianly.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: Siege on April 07, 2012, 11:56:57 PM

How can I reduce the base relutance to agree to my marriage offers, so I can matrilinially marry high stats dudes?
It is too high the way it is right now. I cannot even get the son of a lowly mayor to marry my Duke's daughter matrilinianly.

Thats WAD siegy.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Quote from: Viking on April 08, 2012, 12:11:26 AM

Thats WAD siegy.

What's WAD?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: Siege on April 08, 2012, 10:09:49 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 08, 2012, 12:11:26 AM

Thats WAD siegy.

What's WAD?

Works As Designed
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2012, 09:44:53 PM
Sounds sort of good though I don't understand those new kingdoms. Seems like they might have a tendency to continue to exist if France and HRE create them. After all it's just a matter of money.

Nice that they brought the titular kingdoms back / because of this system they can finally let Galicia and Navarra be real kingdoms. :)

HRE can't create kingdoms. That's the beauty of it. It's for intra-HRE politics mainly.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2012, 11:15:32 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2012, 09:44:53 PM

HRE can't create kingdoms. That's the beauty of it. It's for intra-HRE politics mainly.

QuoteAn interesting mechanic change is that a kingdom can only be created if you are already a king or emperor, OR you hold more than one duchy title.

Seems like that is changing...which does make sense as it was sort of odd that Bohemia just declares itself a kingdom without the Emperor having any say.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Oh, I didn't notice that. Still, Bohemia will be able to create itself a Kingdom anyway, since the Duke of Bohemia is also a Duke of Moravia so meets the "more than one Duchy" criteria (in fact pretty much everyone who controls enough land to create himself a Kingdom will hold more than one Duchy or could create them).

As for the "Emperor not having a say", I always imagined that the Piety and Gold cost of creating a Kingdom represented bribing and convincing the Pope and other monarchs to recognize you. Still, it would be fun if you needed to also meet a prerequisite of having a sufficiently high relationship modifier with the Pope or the Emperor (or the equivalent for Orthodox and Muslim rulers) before you could declare yourself a King. That would at least make the diplo mission for a Chancellor have some use as right now I think most people send them to fabricate claims 99% of the time.

garbon

Fair on both counts.

Well except that the HRE might have the money first before any of the would be kings...which goes back to my Frisia hanging around as a de jure kingdom bit. :D

Josquius

Dynamic kingdoms....awesome. Thats what I've wanted from the start.

With this and the new crusader setting...is it just me or is the game finally getting to how it should have been on release?
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

Does Culture Group determine what kind of armies I am raising?  I don't mean numbers, I mean the composition of my armies-I'm playing almost all Byzantine Cultural Group, and almost all of my armies are mixed heavy infantry and light cavalry, though I seem to see a lot more knights when facing Western forces, and obviously horse archers when fighting the Turk. :hmm:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2012, 12:25:12 AM

With this and the new crusader setting...is it just me or is the game finally getting to how it should have been on release?

Well from those two, based on the little info we have, what I can see is de jure HRE Egypt by the late 1100s in every game.

The Brain

Quote from: Queequeg on April 09, 2012, 01:49:43 AM
Does Culture Group determine what kind of armies I am raising?

Close.

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

The dynamic kingdom thing is fun - now it is going to become a strategic decision - say you are King of England conquering Scotland. Do you want to usurp a Kingdom you are gobbling up or just let the Kingdom title "fall away"?

If you do the former, you get a de jure claim on the rest of Scotland which makes the conquest easier but you are going to deal with the "Desires Kingdom of Scotland" modifier from all vassals. Or do you want to have a harder time with the conquest, but have the whole of Scotland become England in 100 years.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on April 09, 2012, 02:49:55 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2012, 12:25:12 AM

Well from those two, based on the little info we have, what I can see is de jure HRE Egypt by the late 1100s in every game.

that woudl be a win for Egypt then.