News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

What should happen is that if, as a HRE noble, you get a Duke or King title outside of the HRE, your HRE title should get OUT of the HRE, inside of the outside title getting IN. That would solve so many problems.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on March 28, 2012, 10:28:58 AM
What should happen is that if, as a HRE noble, you get a Duke or King title outside of the HRE, your HRE title should get OUT of the HRE, inside of the outside title getting IN. That would solve so many problems.
I want to paint the world gray!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

After four brutal years of warfare were I lost over 20,000 men I finally beat Al Andalus and Mauritania to liberate Aquitaine. I'm going to have to rest a long while, especially given that news has arrived that the Il Khanate has invaded the Seljuk Empire. Given that Hungary-Poland stretches deep into the Ukraine I see a strong possibility that the Mongols could end up bordering the HRE.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

First major DLC will be out in two weeks, and will let you edit characters at game start.

Which is cool.

We could use it for MP, even.

Tamas

Also, about free stuff in 1.05:

Quotene of the things we personally thought was not the best feature of CKII was the crusades system. It was rather similar to the system we had in the original game, and while it technically worked, it just did not feel entirely right. So we wanted to overhaul this in the game when we had some extra time. So for the first major content update, this was a given.

First of all, Crusades now target an entire de jure kingdom. Also, the actual crusade is one common war, that the Pope declares and other rulers can join. The one ruler contributing the most to the crusade will gain the targetted Kingdom, if the war is successful. This means that crusades have the potential to be more powerful than before, but also relies on the abilities of the Pope to get a coalition going

Of course, we have now added the possibility for a ruler to ask to join another ruler's war, for some types of wars, even though you are not allied. This is a feature that was primarily added to make the big crusade wars more fun, but it is also available if you for example want to help someone become independent.

One feature we thought would fit this brilliantly was the concept of attached armies. It was originally conceived of for this system, where you might be a small count, but would like to participate in the grand crusade without your small army being lost alone. We have tried it out in the latest patches for V2 and EU3, and now its in its full glory. When you give the order to one of your units, it will attach itself to the strongest friendly army in the same province, and then follow that one around, fighting together with it.

Finally, as we mentioned earlier, participating in a war and doing things are now rewarding. Participants in wars now get a contribution score which determines how much prestige and piety they get when the war ends. This is a good reason for a smaller count to join in on a crusade, even though he may himself not be crowned King of Jerusalem, he may end up with a lot of prestige and piety from it.

garbon

Does that mean crusades will now be a war against every religious enemy that has holdings in a de jure kingdom?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I expect that when the Pope declares war on Muslims, they will now come and conquer the Vatican before the Pope has any meaningful allies gathered. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Josquius

Save game friendly patch?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on March 30, 2012, 08:56:54 AM
First major DLC will be out in two weeks, and will let you edit characters at game start.

Which is cool.

We could use it for MP, even.

Odd that this is the DLC bit, but I'm glad as I see no need to purchase that. The attributes bit is easily modified in the files and besides, if I wanted to play some random individual that I created, I wouldn't be playing a history game. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2012, 06:03:55 PM
:D

Having a guardian with good stats can be a boon to a ruling brat. And not everyone in this game is a bloodthirsty maniac - if the sis didn't have too many stats like Cruel, Deceitful and Ambitious, she will not go even for the low hanging fruit.

I never really got that anyway.  Sure, I bet it's fun to rule, but doesn't the brother of a king get basically as many whores and as much booze as the king, and is required to work less for it?  You're going to run your medieval, third world shitheap basically along the same ideological lines, so it's not a potentially altruistic gesture, even a delusional one, as might be the unseating of a king by a commoner-revolutionary in later centuries.  I mean, personally, just give me a county or even a barony somewhere, and I think I'd be fine.

I suppose I do not have the trait: "ambitious." -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)