News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Martinus on February 20, 2012, 02:45:42 AM
Also, in my game Poland is centered around Novogrod, while the actual Poland is split between HRE and Sweden.  :cry: And Byzantium controls the entire Southern Italy and half of Northern Africa.

In my current game Poland became a baltic superpower and completely conquered Denmark. I noticed that at one point and was kind of surprised. Even more hilarious, some 30 years later some internal strife or succession issue caused a very weird thing, Denmark and Poland were separate countries again, but Denmark was 100% located in the lands of Poland and Poland was located in the lands of Denmark.  :lol:

Josquius

Poland always seems to gun for Finland in my games
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on February 20, 2012, 08:38:41 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 20, 2012, 08:29:26 AM
I've gone through every file and don't see it.

Steam/steamapps/common/Paradox ...

Stop installing shit in your Program Files folder.
Thanks
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Easy day at work, so I have been thinking and doing some minimal research. I will probably try a mod consisting:

-the levy replenish modding - nearly cutting it altogether for war, current rate for peace so particapting in a war will not mean being zerg rushed in the next 15. Yeah, artifical, but I don't want industrial-style wars
-making it near-impossible to leave elective succession law. I am not yet sure how but there are a couple of mods out already which include that
-perhaps including what FB mentioned, reducing the chance of 2nd 3rd in lines of succession from getting uppity, altough I am not sure how much it should be. But we might be at such an extreme of the spectrum now that it is not actually a difficult raiser once you get to figure out the motions to overcome it, like Marty did. It would be more preferable to be worth risking relaying on your immediate family, and paying dearly if the wrong relationship-combos come up.
-my fixes for Hungarian names :P

Martinus

Can you add more events for gay romance? I think this is more pressing than the other secondary shit you mention.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on February 20, 2012, 10:37:12 AM
Can you add more events for gay romance? I think this is more pressing than the other secondary shit you mention.

Here is Martinus' dream event

Quote from: Richard cour du Lyon
The Courtier Marcin the Litigious has caught your eye.

Option A: Go to his room for a tumble
Option B: Ewww ghey sex is sick.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Perhaps the whole game should be one big medieval gay romance simulator.

Except in Persia since there are no gays in Iran.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

The capture of nobles issue. As you may have known I increased the rate of noble capture events from lost battles by a factor of 5. Couple that with faster sieging I think my wars look like medieval wars now.

Defeating a noble revolt is now totally determined by the battle and outside events. You will not have to spend three years sieging out a completely defeated nobleman to get the 100% score you need to get him to stop trying to overthrow you. If after the battle you have a few months and a large army the revolt is over, if you do not have both it keeps going.

Winning a major war is now also decided by the battles. Capturing the enemy king wins the war. Now that is a reasonable possiblity.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on February 20, 2012, 10:53:30 AM
Capturing the enemy king wins the war. Now that is a reasonable possiblity.

Is this really historical? Some wars continued on with the king in captivity and the regent continuing the hostilities.

Fireblade

Quote from: Viking on February 20, 2012, 10:41:38 AM

Here is Martinus' dream event

Quote from: Richard cour du Lyon
The Courtier Marcin the Litigious has caught your eye.

Option A: Go to his room for a tumble
Option B: Ewww ghey sex is sick.

QuoteThe Courtier Marcin the Litigious bursts into your room!

Option A: Take off your shoes and offer up feet
Option B: Pop his black cherry by force
Option C: Distract him with a Polish joke

FTFY

jimmy olsen

I'm trying to look at the event gfx to see if there's an appropriate one for an event I want to add. It says the file type is DDS, how do I open that and look at it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on February 20, 2012, 10:59:05 AM
Quote from: Viking on February 20, 2012, 10:53:30 AM
Capturing the enemy king wins the war. Now that is a reasonable possiblity.

Is this really historical? Some wars continued on with the king in captivity and the regent continuing the hostilities.

Well, I didn't make that change, I just made capturing the king much more likely.

The only examples I know of capturing the king did NOT end the war were during The Anarchy when both Geoffrey d'Anjou and Stephen of England are captured by their respective foes in a battle and The Empress agrees to swap Geoffrey for Stephen and the various times when Henry VI was held by Yorkists. In Stephen's case his brother kept the cause going during his capture and in fact Stephen really is doomed when he falls out with his brother and Henry VI was quite incompetent.

The cases of capture or killing of the arch-enemy ends the war is more than common. Harold at Hastings, John and Runnymead, John II at Poitiers, Olaf at Stiklestad and Harald HardrĂ¥de at Stamford Bridge.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 20, 2012, 04:27:02 AM
I don't allow my Dukes to hold more than one Ducal title. If someone does, it's "You-re-now-a-court-jester-and-your-levies-are-off-to-Norway" time. :P

I didn't allow him. They had that monstrosity shortly after I landed. I took York away but that's the best I could manage without everyone getting pissy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 20, 2012, 07:05:15 AM
Raised the topic of levy replacements on Paradox. Not very popular, gay-rage is much more important to gameplay apparently. :P

:rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on February 20, 2012, 11:55:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 20, 2012, 04:27:02 AM
I don't allow my Dukes to hold more than one Ducal title. If someone does, it's "You-re-now-a-court-jester-and-your-levies-are-off-to-Norway" time. :P

I didn't allow him. They had that monstrosity shortly after I landed. I took York away but that's the best I could manage without everyone getting pissy.

Get him to rebel again. Each time he rebels you can take away one title from him without anyone getting pissed off at you. Then release him each time - this way not only you incur no penalty but actually get a relationship bonus with everyone but him and let him to rebel again. Rinse and repeat until he has nothing left or is simply a count.