News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on February 16, 2012, 10:56:31 AM
I used to be king of England but then I took an arrow to the eye.

:lmfao:

PRC

Quote from: Martinus on February 16, 2012, 02:39:50 AM
Quote from: ulmont on February 15, 2012, 09:38:28 PM
What am I supposed to do about the "wrong government" modifier, again?

Are you talking about the relationship modifier or the income debuff (different things)?

I'd like to know about the relationship modifier.  The one that bishop of Benevento has when you start as Apulia.  How do you fix that or can you even do anything about it?

Viking

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2012, 11:00:03 AM
Quote from: Viking on February 16, 2012, 10:51:13 AM
5. I still don't understand why my entire kingdom yields 2000 feudal levies and my demesne yeilds 300 feudal levies but when 3 province Duchy of Kent revolts raises 500 per province without using mercenaries. After the kent levies have already been fighting for years putting down the revolving revolters and are reduced to next to nothing they manage this.

500 doesn't seem much for a duchy and after all vassals can raise more than you can get out of them.

60 total provinces, of which 5 are mine yeild a total of 2000 feudals (from 55 provinces) and 300 demesne (from 5 provinces). The Norman Catholic Duke of Kent with Norman Catholic Vassals manages to mobilise 1500 men from his three provinces. I understand that relationships determine how much is raised. I should at least have a higher theoretical max with my 5 similar or better quality provinces, but I don't.

It seems that only the player is affected by the -300% malus in levy size due to conquest and occupation.

Right now the games seems pointless since there seems to be no choice I could make which would result in the war of the roses constantly. Though, the war of the roses did have pauses.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on February 16, 2012, 01:22:57 PM
5. I still don't understand why my entire kingdom yields 2000 feudal levies and my demesne yeilds 300 feudal levies but when 3 province Duchy of Kent revolts raises 500 per province without using mercenaries. After the kent levies have already been fighting for years putting down the revolving revolters and are reduced to next to nothing they manage this.

500 doesn't seem much for a duchy and after all vassals can raise more than you can get out of them.

60 total provinces, of which 5 are mine yeild a total of 2000 feudals (from 55 provinces) and 300 demesne (from 5 provinces). The Norman Catholic Duke of Kent with Norman Catholic Vassals manages to mobilise 1500 men from his three provinces. I understand that relationships determine how much is raised. I should at least have a higher theoretical max with my 5 similar or better quality provinces, but I don't.

It seems that only the player is affected by the -300% malus in levy size due to conquest and occupation.

Right now the games seems pointless since there seems to be no choice I could make which would result in the war of the roses constantly. Though, the war of the roses did have pauses.

Well so far I haven't had these issues though I haven't tried England yet. Mostly, I can keep things rather peaceful except for individuals taking advantage of my king being distracted by other wars - which is a good thing as far as AI.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on February 16, 2012, 01:22:57 PM

The rebels you are facing likely dont have the penalty because they or their vassals do not have the culture penalty you have. You say they were all Norman but you probably want to check that.  All my Norman transplants had the penalty.  That is why it is important to root out saxon rebel scum asap.  It is also important to identify why they hate you.  For example giving territory they want, giving them a position etc can work wonders.

I am not sure what you did different than me but I was able to give out counties and Duchies to loyal Normans and keep them loyal while rooting out Saxon scum pretty successfully after the conquest. 

My big problem was not figuring out the succession issues well enough.  In hindsight I think it is because I gave too many titles to relatives who wanted a bigger piece after my death.  I should have given those titles to courtiers instead.

The Minsky Moment

I'm just baffled at how to keep anybody loyal.

Use your chancellor to improve relations.  Give them positions that they covet.  Foster children with them or their courts.  Have feasts and hunts and choose options that make your vassals like you.  Make sure your laws settings are not giving you minuses to feudal relations.   Don't keep vassal levies in the field for very long.  There are all sorts of tools you can use.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 15, 2012, 07:36:05 PM
Why? After all the HRE never disintegrated in real life.

The Italian piece did, and the rest of it lost authority from the mid 13th century on.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

Quote from: PRC on February 16, 2012, 12:47:03 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 16, 2012, 02:39:50 AM
Quote from: ulmont on February 15, 2012, 09:38:28 PM
What am I supposed to do about the "wrong government" modifier, again?

Are you talking about the relationship modifier or the income debuff (different things)?

I'd like to know about the relationship modifier.  The one that bishop of Benevento has when you start as Apulia.  How do you fix that or can you even do anything about it?

I think this is caused by having royal investiture.

Martinus

So I played a game as Poland. Managed to recover all Polish duchies due to inheritance, treason and the like. Thought I'd give them to all of my sons. Mistake. I got everyone declaring war on my heir upon succession. :bleeding:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 16, 2012, 03:19:01 PM
So I played a game as Poland. Managed to recover all Polish duchies due to inheritance, treason and the like. Thought I'd give them to all of my sons. Mistake. I got everyone declaring war on my heir upon succession. :bleeding:

In my current game Poland is called Croatia. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Yeah, giving stuff to sons who are second or further down in line only causes problems.  They start getting ideas of grandeur.

Valmy

Heck I gave a dutchy to my uncle and boy did he and his daughters cause tons of shit trying to take over the kingdom.

This puts in a bind.  I want my family to have lots of titles but for some reason we all just cannot get along  :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

It seems like you need to generate dynasty members who do not get direct claims on your own titles - if you can appoint lots of cousins and nephews you should be okay.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Somehow, my family in CK2 always ends up like that of Henry II. One son is incompetent, one son is gay, I'm fucking my daughter-in-law and my wife wants to kill me.  :hmm:

The Minsky Moment

King Martinuslear
--Joan Robinson