News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 17, 2012, 06:16:55 AM
Oh God my Apulia game's going badly.  I've got second generation King of Sicily whose child will also inherit Thessalonika.  Problem is my half-brother the Count of Mantua has assasinated both of my sons and looks set to start on the daughters.  I've just had to break one betrothal to set up a matrilineal marriage just in case.  When Sicily and Thesalonika's inherited by a woman it's all going to go to hell :bleeding:
Assassinate him back.
Melodramatic much?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 05:56:59 AM
:lol:

Cant the King's son marry the young heiress?

King's son was already married to the countess of cornwall and was himself duke of anjou. Lecher dick's grandson did marry her. A new opportunity has opened up as well, the trecherous duke of gloucster and somerset has found himself imprisoned while in the posession of no male heir and 5 unwed daughters.

England is the land of princesses. As of now the rain in spain falls mainly on the 3/4s english monarchs of castille, leon and aragon.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

How does the AI decide who to marry?

My son, the heir to five dukedoms covering over half of England isn't good enough for a foreign Princess?  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Drakken

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 08:15:16 AM
How does the AI decide who to marry?

My son, the heir to five dukedoms covering over half of England isn't good enough for a foreign Princess?  :hmm:

Maybe the AI doesn't see the usefulness of marrying some far-away Duke's daughter at the other side of the continent.

Besides, Princesses want sons of Kings, not Dukes. You may own half of England, you're still a vassal, an underling. Unless, of course, the groom's dad wants her to marry down. I found that the closer the potential groom is, the likelier they'll agree to marry their daughter down if there's an alliance and a relatively positive opinion.

Drakken

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2012, 02:15:12 AM
Btw, Drakken, what are the prerequisites for a King to be able to swear fealty to an Emperor? I was thinking of doing this as Poland so I can safely pick out the lands of my de jure Kingdom that have been grabbed by HRE vassals, like Pommeralia and parts of Prussia.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the Kingdom of Poland has to be part of the Empire de jure to swear fealty to the Emperor.

Tamas

Martinus

Yay. Probably gonna restart some Med game now, or the Poland one, with no more grabbity grab France and HRE around.

Tamas

I am thinking Sweden or Castille

Drakken

No more stupid matrilinear marriages to steal off councillors and genius courtiers.  I can already taste the forum's posters' tears. :nelson:
No more France in Iberia while half of France is independent.
No more boring demands enforced when defending oneself.

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 02:00:05 AM
Yeah, I understand that homosexuality as an identity didn't exist before the 2nd half of the 19th century. However doesn't that make the actions you're complaining about more understandable. If it's just "a vice" that people can choose to do, than treating it like any other vice (caused by satan, can be beat out of you) makes sense. After all I had the chance to be beat another vice out of my kid (greed I think).

That's lovely that they chose to represent the poor treatment and individual who had sexual relations with someone of their same gender would have received - we're in the modern era.  We know that beating doesn't actually cure someone of homosexual desires so while it might be defensible as an action choice, having that "cure" a ward is wrong.

Also, maybe I just haven't seen it yet but does CK2 also include events about Jews eating Christian children? Pogroms?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2012, 10:05:39 AM
Yeah, I understand that homosexuality as an identity didn't exist before the 2nd half of the 19th century. However doesn't that make the actions you're complaining about more understandable. If it's just "a vice" that people can choose to do, than treating it like any other vice (caused by satan, can be beat out of you) makes sense. After all I had the chance to be beat another vice out of my kid (greed I think).

That's lovely that they chose to represent the poor treatment and individual who had sexual relations with someone of their same gender would have received - we're in the modern era.  We know that beating doesn't actually cure someone of homosexual desires so while it might be defensible as an action choice, having that "cure" a ward is wrong.

Also, maybe I just haven't seen it yet but does CK2 also include events about Jews eating Christian children? Pogroms?

You obviously didn't get the memo that gaying up threads is Marty's job.

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on February 17, 2012, 09:47:16 AM
No more stupid matrilinear marriages to steal off councillors and genius courtiers.  I can already taste the forum's posters' tears. :nelson:

:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 17, 2012, 10:08:57 AM

You obviously didn't get the memo that gaying up threads is Marty's job.

Actually he declined here.

HVC

That should tell you something :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Wait beating will cure kids of being gay?  Yeah that is a messed up.

And Jews seem to be left out entirely so far.  Even the Khazars are Orthodox.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."