Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2012, 11:28:04 AM
Mad King James recently tried to suggest some changes but a quick poster threw in that p'dox had done research on the area and that this was a game. :D

Yes this is a game so I do not get why Ethiopia was so expanded if they are going to be no better than Nubia was in CK1.  I mean it is one thing to have one screwed realm in a bad position, but another to have a whole series of them.  There was no reason to expand it all the way south if it is just going to be a bunch of EU Grenada's.  I was sort of hoping I would be an ignored backwater.

Ah well.  I will try the Irish lords next and see how that goes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fireblade

Quote from: Martinus on February 15, 2012, 11:29:53 AM
Damn, I gotta say, this is probably the best game Paradox has ever made, or at least one I am most excited about.

It reminds me of my teenage years when I was reading Runciman and Huizinga.  :blush:

I'm tempted to dig out my Runciman books myself.  :Embarrass:

Grallon

The AI seem capable of usurping titles while at war while I can't.  Not only must the target *not* be at war - but he can't be from within the kingdom either  <_<

Oh and does anyone know which files contains the list of 'da iyure' desmene?  I dislike the current borders and want to fiddle with that.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on February 15, 2012, 12:28:25 PM
Oh and does anyone know which files contains the list of 'da iyure' desmene?  I dislike the current borders and want to fiddle with that.

G.

Not telling until you use the correct spelling.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on February 15, 2012, 11:23:36 AM
Sorry, I'm going to use Latin words in their correct spelling and pronounciation not some English butchery.

Just as "prima facie" is pronounced "pree-mah fah-ts-ye" and not "pr-ay-mah fey-sh-ye", and "mu" in "mutatis mutandis" is pronounced "moo", not "m-yu".

Yeah, exactly how would you know how they are pronounced?  Able to pick up spoken dialect from some statuary?  We know the formal way the letter were suppose to sound, but how they actually sounded isn't known.  It likely varied from place to place or even across social classes.  Everyone would have some accent.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Are we really going to spend this thread talking about how to spell and say latin words instead of talking about the game?  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2012, 12:53:58 PM
Are we really going to spend this thread talking about how to spell and say latin words instead of talking about the game?  :P

Who are you and what have you done with the Valmy thread highjacker we all know and love?

FunkMonk

To be honest, I was totally expecting a terrible launch, like having difficulties downloading and installing the game via gamersgate, instant CTDs on startup, or corrupted save game files. The fact that none of these things happened to me is making me reassess my prejudices of (in-house) Paradox titles.

That the game is actually really fun is just icing on the cake.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Drakken

Quote from: The Brain on February 15, 2012, 01:47:04 PM
Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.

Sweden is Norse in religion (and thus OPed from Paradox tradition with swarms of Varegue troops to throw in) but constantly in civil war. Fun time to club them like baby seals as Denmark, to steal Småland, Gotland, and Öland from.

Convinced?  :P

crazy canuck

I know what I am going to play first.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on February 15, 2012, 11:23:36 AM
Sorry, I'm going to use Latin words in their correct spelling and pronounciation not some English butchery.

Just as "prima facie" is pronounced "pree-mah fah-ts-ye" and not "pr-ay-mah fey-sh-ye", and "mu" in "mutatis mutandis" is pronounced "moo", not "m-yu".

But these phrases are not being used in a classic context - rather they are being used as english "law latin" phrases.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.