News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on February 09, 2012, 08:39:40 PM
I think you should be wary of spreading the players too far afield.  If the distance is too great, you'll likely run into EU3's problem of unchecked expansion at the expense of the AI.  Those on the fringes will benefit immensely, while those hemmed in will have nothing to do but attack other players.  Better to have everyone locked in the same, general neighborhood (say, 2-3 kingdoms--England/France/Scotland is a good split, I'd say) so they all are forced to fuck with one-another somehow. 

MP should be about player interaction, not to see who can play SP the best.

How about playing Orthodox Rus of Kiev and annihilate each other through the Rota system?  Fun times. :hug:

Fireblade

Quote from: Drakken on February 09, 2012, 08:58:20 PM
If they are disbanded inside your territory, yes they do. If not only a fraction will make it to their land.

Yet, it still takes a while for reinforcements to arrive.

If someone is besieging the county your levies come from, you get a message saying that "due to enemy presence in your lands, some men don't make it home".

Didn't look at how many people you lose, because I just buttfucked that shitty little Muslim sheikh with my OP mercs.

Fireblade

Quote from: Drakken on February 09, 2012, 08:59:58 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on February 09, 2012, 08:39:40 PM
I think you should be wary of spreading the players too far afield.  If the distance is too great, you'll likely run into EU3's problem of unchecked expansion at the expense of the AI.  Those on the fringes will benefit immensely, while those hemmed in will have nothing to do but attack other players.  Better to have everyone locked in the same, general neighborhood (say, 2-3 kingdoms--England/France/Scotland is a good split, I'd say) so they all are forced to fuck with one-another somehow. 

MP should be about player interaction, not to see who can play SP the best.

How about playing Orthodox Rus of Kiev and annihilate each other through the Rota system?  Fun times. :hug:

Playing as Russians would be entertaining, too.. :)

Ed Anger

Tried Scotland. Hooked huge head up with a lustful Norwegian bitch and she was a babycannon. Dunkelds kept wanting to kill each other. A duke got excommunicated, tossed him in gaol and banished him. THANK YOU FOR MORAY bitch. King got excommunicated, little pussy count of Fife got mouthy. Until he met the Catlan company. Tossed him in a hole and banished his pissy ass. Free county for good half-brother. Sucked up to pope, sent him many little peasant boys and got un-excommunicated.

Got some prime Capet ass also. Duke of the Isles is a cunt.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 09, 2012, 09:12:09 PM
Sucked up to pope, sent him many little peasant boys and got un-excommunicated.

So, the Catholic church really hasn't changed over the years
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fireblade

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2012, 09:53:14 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 09, 2012, 09:12:09 PM
Sucked up to pope, sent him many little peasant boys and got un-excommunicated.

So, the Catholic church really hasn't changed over the years

After seeing the 5th dumbfuck Catholic on my facebook friends list in a row complaining about how Obama is a dictator because of that birth control shit, I am THIS FUCKING CLOSE to making my status "Attention Papists: I'll start giving a shit about your backward ass views on everyone else's sexuality when you start giving a shit about your priests constantly butt fucking little boys. Until then, shut the FUCK up."

I think I'll play a quick game as Egypt just so I can shit all over Rome.

jimmy olsen

So, you can play as muslims this time around?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2012, 08:27:44 PM
Is England strong enough to face France?

I imagine the problem is that England starts the game at war.

Are there other scenarios that come with the game?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Drakken

Quote from: Barrister on February 09, 2012, 10:27:26 PM

1187 and 1337.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on February 09, 2012, 10:27:26 PM

I'm pretty sure you can start on any date.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 09, 2012, 06:32:19 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 09, 2012, 06:26:39 PM
OH man, are you guys really going to talk me into buying this on release?

That damn demo did it to me.

Indeed. :Embarrass:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I tried a quick game as England- your available forces are too few to beat the Vikings let alone the Normans.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

I'm getting the demo.  CRAZY FAST DL OF 32KB/S.  What is this, 2002?  Well, if so, it means it might be a Paradox game that doesn't outrageously suck.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

chipwich

Quote from: Tyr on February 09, 2012, 11:42:20 PM
I tried a quick game as England- your available forces are too few to beat the Vikings let alone the Normans.

How did you do that? The demo only has 4 countries.

sbr

Quote from: chipwich on February 09, 2012, 11:50:38 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 09, 2012, 11:42:20 PM

How did you do that? The demo only has 4 countries.

After you hit the Play button you can quickly choose and play any country.