News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on February 08, 2012, 08:27:31 PM
Actually I wonder about the incidence of homosexuality. I've played twice and both times I've gotten a homosexual heir, one female and one male.

Maybe it's something you do? I played like 10 times and never encountered a homosexual character.

Martinus

Quote from: Drakken on February 08, 2012, 06:13:17 PM
We haven't still found his body nor his whereabouts

This may sound callous, but I think it's about time we stop denying the tragic truth and move on. :console:

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2012, 02:12:17 AM
Quote from: Drakken on February 09, 2012, 12:57:30 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 08, 2012, 07:54:57 PM
I've barely touched the demo so I wonder...how does titles in other kingdoms work?
i.e. can the king of England also be the Duke of Normandy without Normandy suddenly being part of England?

No. No double allegiance.

However, as the Duchy of Normandy is part of France de jure England will have a say in the Crown Laws of the Kingdom of France.
Can you elaborate on how this works?

When a King wants to change laws of the Kingdom (e.g. increase crown authority), all magnates of his Kingdom get a vote on this. I take it from Drakken's post that if Normandy is considered a Duchy of France, then no matter who holds the title (and whether or not he is, for the purposes of taxes and levies, a vassal of France), he gets a say in the vote.

If that's correct, that's kinda cool and imo simulates pretty well the situation of a "de iure vassal" being more powerful than his "de pure liege" and being able to ignore his calls to arms etc.

Incidentally, the King always gets claims on his de iure territories.

katmai

I played as Navarre, had vote regarding Kingdom of Leon or was it Castille, in message telling me I could vote the King mentioned how I wasn't a vassal of his yet... :D

Married off all my sisters to English princes, married my Cousin who promptly got in war with King of Leon, got pregnant and after losing to Leon was sent to jail where she gave birth to twin daughters who became my heir as when loaded game all i had were two little bastard children.

As soon as I had legitimate heirs my brother rebelled as he had been previous heir before twins were born :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Ok, finally downloaded this, how do you get around the 20 year limit?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2012, 06:37:46 AM
Wait five days, then start the game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Liep on February 09, 2012, 07:08:02 AM
Buying from anywhere but Amazon online is an enormous pain in the ass, because they can tell I'm in Korea but my billing address is in the states.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2012, 07:37:02 AM
Buying from anywhere but Amazon online is an enormous pain in the ass, because they can tell I'm in Korea but my billing address is in the states.

I don't see the problem.

katmai

:pirate :huh:
Quote from: Tamas on February 09, 2012, 07:40:21 AM

I don't see the problem.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on February 09, 2012, 07:40:21 AM

I don't see the problem.
It's only going to be on steam and gamersgate IIRC, and I don't want to pirate it.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

ok so, you cannot login properly to your gamersgate.com account because you are on a Korean IP?

Or what?

If you can, buy it, pay for it with nice, valuable american dollars, then download and play it. You wouldn't be even cheating.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 09, 2012, 03:21:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 08, 2012, 08:27:31 PM
Actually I wonder about the incidence of homosexuality. I've played twice and both times I've gotten a homosexual heir, one female and one male.

Maybe it's something you do? I played like 10 times and never encountered a homosexual character.

Don't be jealous. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I've bought stuff, delivered to Japan, with my UK card.
Some pretty expensive stuff even.

I tried a little game as Poland. A bit of poking and a lot of theinterface began to give way and understanding appeared. Still some confusion though- like the unknown war against one of my bishops which was somehow going on at the start.
And how I suddenly went from having 600 soldiers ready in a province to barely 60.
Darn Hungarian princess not wanting to marry me. Boo!
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

I've gotten from Gamersgate while in Korea before - maybe it's your bank that's holding that up?
If you email Steam support, they'll eventually (after 1-3 business days) let your account purchase using your US card. It goes away after about a month though.

And for getting around the 20 year limit in the demo, you have to set the year back a couple hundred years, and edit certain files. IIRC there's a thread in the Paradox forums about it, complete with a .rar file that does it all automatically. You still can't save, sadly.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Martinus

Could someone refresh my memory on what the final situation re succession laws in the game is? I.e. is a succession law associated with each title, separately, or is it the same for a duchy or a kingdom?