News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

You can play as any character in the demo.

When you've picked one of the starting 4 and hit play... Quickly click on the county of the person you want to play as and it will load them.

garbon

That's an interesting way to see the rules imposed on non-Christians.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I wasn't actually being negative. Just looking at bits like for Muslims - there is no method of getting a female to the throne. Or as that religion that is for Scandinavian pagans - no head of your religion to deal with.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

They do need to fix usurping though as a potential usurper only needs 50% of the duchy to steal the title and then it can't be stolen back through that method for like 5 years or so.  Had that happen as Emir of Basra and seems rather odd.

Tamas

I wouldn't worry about the Emir of Basra, I am sure they will fix this glitch :P

As for the Steam purchase, for childishly impatient nerds like me: there will be a separate GG version for GG preorders. That hopefully means that the release will be the usual europe-compatible 9AM CET instead of sometime during the evening on Steam.

Grallon

Launched a game as King of Poland (...) - took a 80 fame hit to marry some fat non entity because she had nice stewardship and diplomacy stats - only to discover I couldn't appoint her on the council.  <_<   Are appointments tied to the succession laws in anyway?  Hmm  come to think of it she was Queen Consort - and not Queen...  Perhaps because she wasn't a noble?

I confess I feel a little overwhelmed by all the choices you can make - all the actions you can do... 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Fireblade

Playing as the King of France. King Robert Ier sans Merci awoke one morning in 1075 and surveyed his domains. It appears that faggot William the Bastard not only lost his petty war in l'Angleterre, he also managed to secure the King of Norway's position to our north. When word arrived that Duc William was hatching a plot to murder his granddaughter, my niece, the King ordered his men to move quickly. "Arrest him. If he goes to Indochina, I want a nigger hiding in a bowl of rice waiting to pop his ass."

Soon, the Duke was brought before the spymaster, the Mayor of Paris, and his sidekick, the Master of Swans. The Mayor of Paris brandished a sword in front of Duke William's face.

Mayor: "What does Robert de France look like?"
Duke: "What?"
Mayor: What country are you from?
Duke: What? What? Wh - ?
Mayor: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak Frankish in What?
Duke: What?
Mayor: Frankish, motherfucker, do you speak it?
Duke: Yes! Yes!
Mayor: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
Duke: Yes!
Mayor: Describe what Robert de France looks like!
Duke: What?
Mayor: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!
William: He... he's black...
Mayor: Go on...
William: He's bald
Mayor: Does he look like a bitch?
William: What?
Mayor: [Stabs Brett in the shoulder] DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
William: No!
Mayor: Then why you try to fuck him like a bitch?
William: I didn't...
Mayor: Yes you did. Yes you did! You tried to fuck him. And Robert de France don't like to be fucked by anybody except Mrs. de France.

TO BE CONTINUED...

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 05, 2012, 03:36:51 AM
I wouldn't worry about the Emir of Basra, I am sure they will fix this glitch :P

Actually that's just the example I can personally report on. Someone in the CK2 forum wrote about playing a catholic country and the annoyance of being able to usurp at 50%. If you're going to get the title (rather than just claim) balance should be at least by 66%.

garbon

Quote from: Fireblade on February 05, 2012, 10:18:08 AM
*snip*

Clearly fatherhood has zapped you off all wit and vitality. :(

garbon

I do like that the research I did for the 1337 scenario lives on in CK2 although it is a bit odd that they are still largely using the tags I forced on various characters because tags were limited in CK1.

Fireblade

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2012, 10:33:40 AM
Quote from: Fireblade on February 05, 2012, 10:18:08 AM
*snip*

Clearly fatherhood has zapped you off all wit and vitality. :(

Yeah, it wasn't some of my best work. :(

Hey, has Paradox announced whether or not republics will be playable, or is it going to be more of the DLC bullshit? I think I'm about to quit my France game and try to do Venice, just to see what sort of mechanics are in place.

Grallon

Didn't know the demo was playable only for a limited time... <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on February 05, 2012, 11:02:45 AM
Didn't know the demo was playable only for a limited time... <_<

G.

Well, of course, adding that you can play any character and they'd be foolish not to have limitations like time and save.

Martinus

I missed Paradox forums. For example:

QuoteGreat demo, but there are some historical inaccuracies.

1.Capital of County of Rashka is not Prizren, it is Ras.
2.City of Dioclea is not in Rashka, it is in Zeta and it doesn't exist in the 11th century.
3.Capital of County of Naisus is Nish the birthplace of Constantine the Great, not Koprijan.
4.Hum is in the wrong place, and the city of Novi Pazar is first time mentioned in 1461 and it's not in Hum like Pec either.
5.House of Dukljanin doesn't exist, there is House of Vojislavljevic.

:homestar: