News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on January 09, 2017, 11:21:26 AM
Too bad the Nine Gates do not get written until 1666. I could be involved in the quest to find all the LCF engravings.

Too obscure? :P

No. But well, it's a Spanish book so I should know I guess.  :hmm:

dps

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 10:55:33 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 09, 2017, 10:09:11 AM
I'm fine with secret societies, cults, and such... it adds to the flavor. But they seem to be making them too powerful and effective in this DLC.

I mind as I'd rather they add flavour that is interesting for the period (more event chains, more interactions between characters) than add mechanics with new menus that are primarily fantasy based but I know people seem to love some of this fantastic shit and will lap it up.

Secret societies and the like are reasonably historical.  The problem I have with it is the idea of giving cultists actual mystical powers.

garbon

Quote from: dps on January 09, 2017, 01:10:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2017, 10:55:33 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 09, 2017, 10:09:11 AM
I'm fine with secret societies, cults, and such... it adds to the flavor. But they seem to be making them too powerful and effective in this DLC.

I mind as I'd rather they add flavour that is interesting for the period (more event chains, more interactions between characters) than add mechanics with new menus that are primarily fantasy based but I know people seem to love some of this fantastic shit and will lap it up.

Secret societies and the like are reasonably historical.  The problem I have with it is the idea of giving cultists actual mystical powers.

Flatulence is historical too but I'd rather we not see CK2 adopt a series of fart jokes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Are secret societies really that historical for this period? They would seem more at home in EU's time period.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on January 09, 2017, 01:41:25 PM
Are secret societies really that historical for this period? They would seem more at home in EU's time period.

I'd assume that secret societies have always existed in some form.  How common they were in any given period, I don't have any idea.

garbon

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-38-my-kingdom-for-an-interface.995951/

Too many to post but a lot of nice interface changes to make game easier. Particularly like this one (where you no longer have to reference back to character to see which childhood traits they have that might match up well with education type):

And:

QuoteAnother new feature I know many fans, me included, have long wanted is the ability to randomize the name of newborn children. This has now been added, with four options: Randomize (uses the culture's naming list), Name after Parent, Name after Grandparent, and Name after Random Ancestor. Note that the art for this is not yet done; the final version won't look like this:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

dps

Josquius

You know what would be cool.
If CKs scale adjusted depending on your position.
You can play as a baron where you've got pretty much just your part of Germany as the map.
Go to Duke level or above though and these petty squabbles are a bit beneath you so we have the abstract barons somewhere In Counties we see in the game at current.

Just been thinking how badly handled holdings are.  Makes e.g. A Swiss game less interesting than it could be.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

The expansion of the map combined with no fog of discovery stuff is ridiculous. It allows you to do silly things like marry Ethiopian princes as a Russian.

If they ever do CK3 they need to introduce EU-style TI.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2017, 11:51:44 AM
The expansion of the map combined with no fog of discovery stuff is ridiculous. It allows you to do silly things like marry Ethiopian princes as a Russian.

Didn't they introduce diplomatic range at one point? Pretty sure that was a thing.

dps

Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2017, 11:55:58 AM

Didn't they introduce diplomatic range at one point? Pretty sure that was a thing.

It's still in the game.  It might be too high, though the new rules options do allow you to reduce it.

Josquius

It's there. But its a rather blunt and artificial way to handle the problem.
Maybe your English earl has perfectly good reasons to be best friends with the count of Acre and want to marry his daughter?
Perhaps some sort of cost for marriage proposals could work? But the trouble there is it leads again to not being sure if the AI will refuse or not which is a PITA.

I'm sure the problem is the scale. Europe needs a bazillion more provinces added with very good, effective options to avoid being stuck in micromanagment hell as an emperor.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Except there is nothing wrong with the Spanish Caliph having a relationship with the Sultan of Delhi.  Not a fan of that solution.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2017, 02:55:09 PM

Except there is nothing wrong with the Spanish Caliph having a relationship with the Sultan of Delhi.  Not a fan of that solution.

Oh but range is extended for same religion. Not sure if it reaches all that far, which I think is okay because did they actually have a lot of interaction? :unsure:

I don't like the notion of TI because 1) shouldn't really spend all that much time 'exploring' as well as once 'explored' you would end up in same situation.