News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I think the old thread got eaten up by internet dragons, so restarting here.

I like it that they are finally changing the inheritance laws, so that they are separately set per title (albeit only at a kingdom level for some reason). So if you are, say, a King of England and France, on your death, the titles may get inherited by two different people.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?342-Crusader-Kings-II-Dev-Diary-3-Laws

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM
I think the old thread got eaten up by internet dragons, so restarting here.

I like it that they are finally changing the inheritance laws, so that they are separately set per title (albeit only at a kingdom level for some reason). So if you are, say, a King of England and France, on your death, the titles may get inherited by two different people.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?342-Crusader-Kings-II-Dev-Diary-3-Laws

Cool.

Hope they also divide vassals and lieges by title so if a English lord inherits some land in France part of France doesn't suddenly become part of England.

And yes. The map is so bad it hurts.
██████
██████
██████

dps

jimmy olsen

What's wrong with the map? It looks great.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 21, 2011, 07:06:42 PM
What's wrong with the map? It looks great.

Their screenshot showing units on the map looks like a bad Dance Dance Revolution set-up.

garbon

And, although not aesthetics, there is the whole curiousness about needing to show elevation in the sea.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

The map is clearly an EU:Rome mod.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2011, 09:01:50 PM
And, although not aesthetics, there is the whole curiousness about needing to show elevation in the sea.

Especially in the dark ages.

Unless there be dragons.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PRC on March 21, 2011, 09:23:46 PM
The map is clearly an EU:Rome mod.
The map in Rome is probably the best thing about the game.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2011, 09:01:50 PM
It does seem a bit of a waste of time. Why not just make all sea province areas -1000 for elevation and be done with it.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

IIRC that would be historically appropriate, as people thought the seafloor was basically flat until long after the Middle Ages concluded.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Looks like in their push to go 3d, the portraits have a stylized 3d look.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?446-Crusader-Kings-II-Dev-Diary-6-Events

Not sure how I feel about that as the first one looks quite ugg, although I suppose the later two examples are okay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Octavian

So anybody knows the release date?
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee