News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on October 07, 2011, 07:18:56 AM
Even though it's a Paradox game and will be riddled with errors in its first inception I can't wait for this one!

Well the first one is STILL riddled with errors and it is one of my favorite games so I am right there with you.

Paradox better not fuck this one up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Darth Wagtaros

I enjoy Ck despite its many, many problems.  I'll buy it.
PDH!

szmik

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 07, 2011, 10:21:11 AM

As much as I like CK, if CK2 is more like Sengoku I'm not going to buy it.
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Valmy

Quote from: szmik on October 07, 2011, 10:20:36 AM
don't kid yourself ;)

Hey they only have to create a product that works less bad than CK.  I mean how hard could that be?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: szmik on October 07, 2011, 10:25:45 AM

Never touched it, didn't know it was Paradox until I saw the thread here, I saw it listed on Steam and was tempted, but it looked like a Shogun Total War ripoff.
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2011, 10:29:09 AM
Quote from: szmik on October 07, 2011, 10:20:36 AM
don't kid yourself ;)

Hey they only have to create a product that works less bad than CK.  I mean how hard could that be?

Hard for them as they want to (understandably) increase sales and think that means that they must add new bells and whistles.

Adding in plots does seem a backwards step if they are as exciting as the one's in Sengoku.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

szmik

Quote from: garbon on October 07, 2011, 11:42:46 AM

Adding in plots does seem a backwards step if they are as exciting as the one's in Sengoku.

I like the idea of plots, but they just don't work in Sengoku. I managed to get an ally for plot once, but he soon quit. More like MP feature.

Kleves

Paradox: "If it's broken, add complexity."
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

garbon

Quote from: szmik on October 07, 2011, 12:29:31 PM

I like the idea of plots, but they just don't work in Sengoku. I managed to get an ally for plot once, but he soon quit. More like MP feature.

That's what I mean - not that the idea is bad (could have been great for an rp aspect), but that they seem poorly implemented.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: garbon on October 07, 2011, 01:50:34 PM
Quote from: szmik on October 07, 2011, 12:29:31 PM

That's what I mean - not that the idea is bad (could have been great for an rp aspect), but that they seem poorly implemented.

And people trust Paradox to implement the idea well?  Paradox can't even implement producing an accurate map right anymore.

garbon

Quote from: dps on October 07, 2011, 03:03:15 PM
And people trust Paradox to implement the idea well?  Paradox can't even implement producing an accurate map right anymore.

Anymore? When was that ever the case? Maybe EU2 when we found out that Long Island is actually a peninsular part of New Jersey?

dps

Josquius

Indeed.
I too think CK1 was a great game despite its flaws.
Sengoku though....it just wasn't CK in Japan. It was....some silly conquer em up.
██████
██████
██████

Drakken

Quote from: Tyr on October 07, 2011, 07:36:08 PM

Indeed.
I too think CK1 was a great game despite its flaws.
Sengoku though....it just wasn't CK in Japan. It was....some silly conquer em up.

No said it was supposed to be CK1 in Japan.  :huh:

I like this game. I take Sengoku for what it was stated it was : a winner-takes-all board game with roleplay elements, not a daimyo simulator.