News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Racist UCLA privileged girl rant

Started by Martinus, March 19, 2011, 02:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on March 19, 2011, 06:03:05 AM
Someone dumb enough to record something like that probably couldn't graduate from college anyway.

Nice tits tho. :cool:
Made in China.
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

Someone dumb enough to record something like that probably couldn't graduate from college anyway.

In Poly-Sci, no less. Brilliant girl, this one.

How long until she's hired to be on television by someone?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

I have no familiarity with Asian stereotypes.  I think there were maybe 10 Asians total at Delaware (Jews were the largest minority if you considered them a minority).  Anyway, is there any kernel of truth to what she is saying?  Or to be more PC, are her observations consistent with generally held Asian stereotypes?  :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I imagine it's possible that some Asians students talk on their cell phones in the library. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 20, 2011, 11:00:01 AM
I have no familiarity with Asian stereotypes.  I think there were maybe 10 Asians total at Delaware (Jews were the largest minority if you considered them a minority).  Anyway, is there any kernel of truth to what she is saying?  Or to be more PC, are her observations consistent with generally held Asian stereotypes?  :unsure:
I haven't seen the video, but the stereotype is anal-retentive overachieving drudges.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 20, 2011, 12:15:40 PM
I haven't seen the video, but the stereotype is anal-retentive overachieving drudges.

That one I knew.  I was asking about them talking loudly on their cellphones in the library & being dependant upon their moms & grandmothers to cook their food, do their laundry, etc.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

She fails to understand that Asians hold up half the sky. She should move on to complaining about less wholesome ethnic groups rather than one that in many respects produces people superior to her.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josephus

Has she moved in with Charlie Sheen yet?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grinning_Colossus

I went to a plurality-Asian UC in the recent past, and the answer is -- sort of. The heavy familial involvement part is true mostly of first generation immigrants; more assimilated ones find it embarrassing, as you can imagine. Lots of assholes talk on their cellphones in the library (though this was less of a problem for us since ours was underground), but they're not disproportionately Asian. She actually did a very good impression with the "Oooooooooooooo!" but less so with the "ching chong ding dong." 
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Tonitrus

Quote from: merithyn on March 20, 2011, 09:59:25 AM

In Poly-Sci, no less. Brilliant girl, this one.

How long until she's hired to be on television by someone?

She might need a degree in meteorology.

Martinus

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 20, 2011, 03:33:52 PM

I went to a plurality-Asian UC in the recent past, and the answer is -- sort of. The heavy familial involvement part is true mostly of first generation immigrants; more assimilated ones find it embarrassing, as you can imagine. Lots of assholes talk on their cellphones in the library (though this was less of a problem for us since ours was underground), but they're not disproportionately Asian. She actually did a very good impression with the "Oooooooooooooo!" but less so with the "ching chong ding dong."

Isn't the ching chong thing pretty much the run of the mill stereotypical "racist imitates an Asian person"? It's amazing how dumb she is.

Incidentally, what are the proportions of recent Asian immigrants in California to older (say pre-WW2) immigrants? I would imagine there is a sizeable minority from the railroad construction times.

Eddie Teach

I'm sure the vast majority are recent, considering all the exclusion acts.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on March 20, 2011, 04:24:36 PM
Incidentally, what are the proportions of recent Asian immigrants in California to older (say pre-WW2) immigrants?

Huge.  They're the single largest demographic of legal immigrations to the US.

QuoteI would imagine there is a sizeable minority from the railroad construction times.

Not really, as most of those are now dead.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.