NYPD Officer Killed By Friendly Fire In Battle With Satanist

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2011, 07:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Neil

Quote from: Legbiter on March 16, 2011, 06:12:52 AM
Too bad the satanist managed to briefly mind-control the other cop before he was taken out. Isn't that a level 6 spell?
Depends on how he did it.  Charm Person is 1st level, Dominate is 5th.  Then again, he might be a cleric, in which case we're probably seeing a 1st level Command spell.  'Fire!' would do it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Drakken

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 16, 2011, 06:55:21 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 16, 2011, 02:24:17 PM
Satanism is hedonism for nerds.
I always thought it was more for the attention whores.

Also. But Satanism is popular with nerds because it is a "safe" act of rebellion while living in their mother's basement, unlike getting mugged in brawls, fucking your sister's girl friends, and committing the kind of criminal acts that can give you a wrapsheet, all that would be applauded by a real Satanist.

I do not believe that Satanists really believe in Satan, even LaVey's Satan. They just cover their nihilistic make-belief fantasies under the cover of a fictitious cult, needing that mental frame to allow themselves to do whatever they want - like wiccas, but wiccas are really inventing their shit as they go.

The irony, of course, is that they pretend to be free thinkers by adhering to another code of conduct that advertises that it is true free will, which is a laugh.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Drakken on March 17, 2011, 10:53:30 AM

Also. But Satanism is popular with nerds because it is a "safe" act of rebellion while living in their mother's basement, unlike getting mugged in brawls, fucking your sister's girl friends, and committing the kind of criminal acts that can give you a wrapsheet, all that would be applauded by a real Satanist.

I do not believe that Satanists really believe in Satan, even LaVey's Satan. They just cover their nihilistic make-belief fantasies under the cover of a fictitious cult, needing that mental frame to allow themselves to do whatever they want - like wiccas, but wiccas are really inventing their shit as they go.

The irony, of course, is that they pretend to be free thinkers by adhering to another code of conduct that advertises that it is true free will, which is a laugh.
Yes. Satanism seems to be about nihilism and attention whoring. Luciferianism is about real Satanism.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Drakken on March 17, 2011, 10:53:30 AM

Is that the Seduction Community's position?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

IIRC LaVey didn't actually believe Satan was a real being (nor did he believe in God).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Nihilism and self-gratification combined with a desire to elicit popular outrage. What the Goths want to be but don't have the guts to pull it off.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 17, 2011, 06:11:25 PMNihilism and self-gratification combined with a desire to elicit popular outrage. What the Goths want to be but don't have the guts to pull it off.

Their parents won't let them borrow the minivan this weekend to do it.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 17, 2011, 06:55:15 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 17, 2011, 06:11:25 PMNihilism and self-gratification combined with a desire to elicit popular outrage. What the Goths want to be but don't have the guts to pull it off.

Their parents won't let them borrow the minivan this weekend to do it.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive