NYPD Officer Killed By Friendly Fire In Battle With Satanist

Started by jimmy olsen, March 15, 2011, 07:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Yet another officer killed by friendly :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365772/New-York-policeman-shot-dead-fellow-officer-trying-arrest-weapons-suspect.html

QuoteNew York policeman shot dead 'by fellow officer' named as 12-year veteran of force

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 10:22 AM on 14th March 2011

A Nassau County Police officer who was shot and killed on Saturday night in an apparent 'friendly fire' incident in Massapequa Park, New York, was named today.

Geoffrey Breitkopf, a 40-year-old Bureau of Special Operations officer and a 12-year veteran of the force, was fatally wounded while attempting to arrest a suspect in the Long Island suburb around 8pm.

Police are not revealing any information about the incident but reports claim that the plain-clothes officer was shot by a Metropolitan Transport Authority (MTA) officer by mistake.

The suspect, who was also shot dead as he lunged at officers with knives, has been named as 21-year-old Anthony DiGeronimo - a self-proclaimed satanist with a large collection of knives and bladed weapons.

Geoffrey Breitkopf

Anthony DiGeronimo

'Friendly fire': Geoffrey Breitkopf, 40, was accidentally killed by a Metropolitan Transport Authority officer after he had come to the aid of fellow police officers trying to arrest Anthony DiGeronimo, 21, who was also killed

Special operations officers had been called to the Long Island suburb after reports that a man had been seen carrying weapons in the area.

Witnesses say DiGeronimo had been roaming the streets, slashing at cars with a long-bladed knife.

Theresa Kelly, 71, called 911 after he jumped on the front of her car.

She told the New York Daily News: 'I was pulling out of my driveway when, all of a sudden, I head a bang on top of my window.

'He was hanging on my windshield and he had a very big knife in his hand. I was petrified.'

Officers had descended upon an address in Front Street after DiGeronimo had barricaded himself inside - after ignoring a police challenge to drop his weapons.

DiGeronimo's father had pleaded with the officers not to shoot his son but, when the 21-year-old lunged at them with what were described as 'Rambo-style' knives, they had no alternative but to open fire.

Details remain unclear about what happened next but it appears Breitkopf had arrived as part of a back-up group to the arresting officers.

He entered the property just moments after DiGeronimo was shot. An MTA officer, who lived nearby and also attended the scene, saw the plain-clothed Breitkopf with a handgun and assumed he was another suspect.

Breitkopf was shot in the face and was taken to Nassau University Medical Center, where he died of his injury about an hour later.

The centre's Public Affairs Director Shelley Lotenbergat announced that Breitkopf was pronounced dead at 9.19pm.

DiGeronimo's Facebook page list his likes as heavy metal music, the writings of occultist author Aleister Crowley, and the Cartoon Network.

In a long-winded and disturbing rant, he refers to himself as a spiritual satanist bisexual, and shows a casual regard to violence - saying he would like to 'cram a bloody crucifix down the throat' of people who upset him.

Satanist bisexual: DiGeronimo, pictured here on his VampireFreaks.com page, was obsessed with occultism and his writings showed a casual attitude to violence

Nassau County Police Lieutenant Kevin Smith defended the officers who shot DiGeronimo, saying: 'What happened pretty much still remains a little bit unclear. But what we've determined so far is that, at one point, this individual exits that back bedroom, he begins to run at the police officers, he challenges them, he lunges at them with his arms up in the air, the officers are forced to defend themselves, and shoot in his direction.'

Police cordoned off several blocks around the scene of the shooting and are conducting a full investigation. A spokesman said more details would be released later today.

The officer's death is the second for Nassau police this year. Highway patrolman Michael Califano was killed on February 5 when a truck slammed into his police cruiser in Old Westbury.

Prior to Califano's death, no county officer had been killed in the line of duty since 1993

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Did you have to post the goofy pictures of him with the bra?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Nassau County Police Department is different from the NYPD.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2011, 08:52:16 PM
Nassau County Police Department is different from the NYPD.
You're right, I wasn't paying attention.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2011, 08:27:56 PM
Did you have to post the goofy pictures of him with the bra?

I think that was the point of posting the story in the first place.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on March 15, 2011, 09:29:21 PM
"Metropolitan Transport Authority " = traffic cop?

MTA = Couldn't get into NYPD

Shame about the tactical officer, though.  But little Martinus fucks like that need to go, no matter the body count.

Martinus

DGuller

Wearing plain clothes as a cop has to be the most dangerous activity in New York City.  Those kinds of incidents have been in the news all too frequently lately.  If I were a New York cop, I'd probably feel safer using my fists in any potentially dangerous situation, at least I won't get shot by somebody who was probably bored of ticketing turnstile jumpers every day.

Legbiter

Too bad the satanist managed to briefly mind-control the other cop before he was taken out. Isn't that a level 6 spell?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Eddie Teach