News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

School bully gets what he deserves

Started by Valdemar, March 15, 2011, 06:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Slargos on March 16, 2011, 02:37:26 PM
Thankfully, I don't feel bullied here so you get a pass. I will agree that Languish is a very dysfunctional society, however.  :D

We put the "Fun" in dysfunctional.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 16, 2011, 03:31:41 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 16, 2011, 02:42:27 PM
Quote from: Slargos on March 16, 2011, 02:37:26 PM
Thankfully, I don't feel bullied here so you get a pass.

Clearly, we aren't doing our job properly.  :(

Slargos is too dumb to realize he's being bullied most of the time.  :P

You've never been clever enough to make it worth my while.  :hug:

DGuller

Languish in many ways is like a high school environment.  The people we bully are generally the people perceived as stupid:  Martinus, Strix, etc.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on March 16, 2011, 03:21:09 PM
On a side note, what's up with women crying in professional situations when they screw up something or are criticised or anything? That's as unprofessional as a guy punching someone, imo.

I am forced to at least partially agree with Martinus here.  Someone crying on the job due to criticism or inability to do the job is simply bizarre behavior.  It is not, however, as unprofessional as physical violence (but, then we know Martinus' lack of skill with analogies well enough by now).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on March 16, 2011, 03:40:49 PM
Languish in many ways is like a high school environment.  The people we bully are generally the people perceived as stupid:  Martinus, Strix, etc.

I am not bullied here. I'm liked by most.  :ph34r:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2011, 03:46:34 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 16, 2011, 03:46:07 PM
I am not bullied here. I'm liked by most.

Bullied and delusional.  :(

Hmm. Maybe I was bullied at school too, just didn't notice. :unsure:

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2011, 03:45:38 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 16, 2011, 03:21:09 PM
On a side note, what's up with women crying in professional situations when they screw up something or are criticised or anything? That's as unprofessional as a guy punching someone, imo.

I am forced to at least partially agree with Martinus here.  Someone crying on the job due to criticism or inability to do the job is simply bizarre behavior.  It is not, however, as unprofessional as physical violence (but, then we know Martinus' lack of skill with analogies well enough by now).

The only bizarre thing here is the seeming inability to understand emotion. Fits the Languish profile, though.

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on March 16, 2011, 03:40:49 PM

Heh - I know I made the comparison, but in jest. The essence of bullying, seems to me, is that there exists a well-defined and hierarchical "in group" which reinforces itself by violence or abuse directed against individual outcasts. Here, no such "in group" exists, and there is no-one immune to having abuse directed against them.  ;) Often, the more hectoring and abusive a tone taken by someone, the more they get it back in spades.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

The few whites on the forum are constantly bullying the brown masses.

Habbaku

Quote from: The Brain on March 16, 2011, 03:55:03 PM

:hmm:  Are Southerners whites?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2011, 03:56:58 PM

If Caliga is any measure...  :hmm:

And by "..." I mean "no".

The Brain

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on March 16, 2011, 04:08:32 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2011, 03:56:58 PM

If Caliga is any measure...  :hmm:

And by "..." I mean "no".

Caliga is a damnyankee, so...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?