News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness

Started by Admiral Yi, March 13, 2011, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I wonder if anybody had Butler and VCU in the final four?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

I wonder how many people had VCU in their brackets at all, they were in the play-in game on that Wednesday before the 'real' tourney started.  I heard a lot of bracket pools left those play-in games out completely.

Admiral Yi

High quality game between Kentucky and NC. 

Read somewhere that Calimari is the highest paid college coach at 4 mill and change a year.

dps

Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2011, 04:27:33 PM

I had Syracuse, Kansas, UConn, and Florida.

jimmy olsen

If Kentucky holds on, then IIRC out of the 5.9 million brackets at ESPN a grand total of 2 would have predicted the Final Four.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I would root for Satan himself if his team was playing against Butler.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2011, 06:40:57 PM
Butler doesn't play hockey.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sophie Scholl

"@ESPN_Fantasy: Exactly 2 brackets out of 5.9 million-plus entered in Tournament Challenge got the entire Final Four correct."  So yes Tim, you are correct.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 28, 2011, 01:49:42 AM
"@ESPN_Fantasy: Exactly 2 brackets out of 5.9 million-plus entered in Tournament Challenge got the entire Final Four correct."  So yes Tim, you are correct.
Genius or Luck?  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on March 27, 2011, 07:55:10 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2011, 06:40:57 PM
Butler doesn't play hockey.

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

No one in my entire office got a single team in the final four in their brackets.   :lol:

One of my Final Four picks (Notre Dame) is in the Frozen Four, but apparently that isn't worth points.  :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

ESPN's The Fab Five documentary is pretty interesting.

NCAA rules are dumb.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Savonarola on March 28, 2011, 01:43:14 PM
No one in my entire office got a single team in the final four in their brackets.   :lol:

One of my Final Four picks (Notre Dame) is in the Frozen Four, but apparently that isn't worth points.  :(

We had some UK homers in my office and in my brother's office :rolleyes:

I almost picked UCONN but decided against it since they ended the regular season on a cold streak.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall