News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness

Started by Admiral Yi, March 13, 2011, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I'm out cuz I suck at picking, but I do like the Jayhawks to cut down the nets.

MadBurgerMaker

UTSA is playing their first tournament game in quite a while today (15 minutes or so).   ^_^

Ed Anger

UD got its ass kicked in the NIT.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

I like how during this pregame show, they're talking about this player or that player, how good they are, how the teams play defense, etc, but have nothing to show except some stats they throw up on the screen because neither team has been on TV this year.  :D

Edit:  Whoa they have Gus Johnson announcing.  And we have highlights!  High school game style baseline stuff, but still.

sbr

If Gus is there there will be a buzzer-beater of some sort.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on March 16, 2011, 06:16:09 PM
If Gus is there there will be a buzzer-beater of some sort.

That would require a helluva comeback/turnaround by Alabama State, and would be totally worthy of a Gus Johnson meltdown.  They're down 38-15 and just took a technical for having 6 dudes on the floor coming out of a timeout.  :blink:  Still lots of time though, 3:43 left in the first half.

MadBurgerMaker

Well shit there was just a buzzer beater, but not really a whole lot for Gus to get excited about.  :lol:  UTSA white guy bench player drilled a long three with no time left to go into the half with a 48-21 lead.  Now they just need to not piss it away, and they have their first NCAA Tournament win.

Admiral Yi

You sure the play-in counts as an official tournament win? :hmm:

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 16, 2011, 07:03:00 PM
You sure the play-in counts as an official tournament win? :hmm:

This is officially the first round of the tournament.  Thursday and Friday when all 64 teams play is now the second round.  :yuk:

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah it counts as a win, and it's a lot more interesting, at least for the 16 seed teams, than it used to be.  I don't know what the deal is with the 11s and 12s playing, but at least a couple 16s will get a chance to play a competitive tournament game now before being crushed by the #1.  Not to mention it's more college hoops, which is never a bad thing.

UTSA went ice cold in the second half, but are clinging to a 10-12 point lead with 36 seconds left. E:  And there it is.  UTSA gets their win.  :)

MadBurgerMaker

Nebraska got curb-stomped by Wichita State in the first round of the NIT.  :nelson:

Also this VCU-USC game sucks so far and these are supposed to be the good teams.

E:  VCU over USC 59-46.  VCU's coach is apparently a midget.

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

derspiess

Goddamnit, I was starting to have flashbacks of WVU's one & done NCAA appearance from a couple years ago.  They're not out of the woods yet-- they had to scrap & claw just to even it up at the half.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Kentucky looked like they were going to totally destroy Princeton at first, and still might eventually, but the smart kids have made it a pretty good basketball game for the moment.

Caliga

They had some gay party about this at work today.  I went down to the conference center, took some chili, and was like CYA LUSERS!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points