News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Springtime is FINALLY here!

Started by Syt, March 13, 2011, 01:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

15°C yesterday, probably 18°C today. Yesterday, for the first time since, uhm, October, I sat outside at a café and enjoyed the sun.

It's been almost constantly freezing over here since November. I'm really scared of what my gas bill will look like later this year what with all the heating during winter.  :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

It was a solid -30c this morning. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Mr.Penguin

After such a long and hard winter, am I just glad that we temperatures just above freezing. Some of the customers I meet on my way while delivering mail, still complains about the wind being chilly and harsh, I never seems to to notice. Guess it's relative after delivering mail in temperatures down to -16C...     
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Martinus

Actually Poland is getting the same weather. Finally I can wear some snazzy overcoats!

Caliga

Been springlike weather here for about a month, but one of my trees is starting to bud now. :cool:

Going to plant a blackberry bush today, and probably another apple tree next weekend... the nursery down the road will gets its springtime shipment in this week.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

It was spring the other week but this week we've had rain and heavy winds. Blew off part of my roof and started flooding my house.
██████
██████
██████

Camerus

Even Ottawa is warming up a bit.  It's a balmy 1 degree Celcius today, and is supposed to be 12 degrees on Friday.   :w00t:

Liep

Spring is still missing in Denmark, but at least the snow is gone.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Not hot enough yet. Too much snow smelting. There's water everywhere.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

Ed Anger

I'll soon be able to keep the sports car out of the garage. Can't let any of the late winter crud get on her.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Planted the blackberry cane this afternoon.  Before I opened it I was worried it would even be alive since it was sold as a bare cane-root in a bag, but when I opened the bag there were two new shoots waiting to greet me. :cool:

Next weekend I'll be putting in at least one more apple and I'd like to also do a peach, pear, or nectarine tree at the same time.  Tonight  I had an intriguing thought... I have a large shaded clearing in the woods above the creek that I stopped mowing about 2 years ago (since it seemed like a waste).  I am thinking about putting a pawpaw patch in there. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2011, 08:13:36 AM
It was spring the other week but this week we've had rain and heavy winds. Blew off part of my roof and started flooding my house.
Got insurance on the house?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Pedrito

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2011, 01:22:21 AM
It's been almost constantly freezing over here since November. I'm really scared of what my gas bill will look like later this year what with all the heating during winter.  :ph34r:

Fuck. I just paid a €650.00 gas bill for the winter period.  :mad:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: