News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I guess he is technically right. Russia would take insanity to whole new levels to do that now.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Jacob

Obviously fake. Trump is much fatter than that.

Tamas

Legbiter

Outstanding. Well done Meloni.  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

Orban continues his world tour ...

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

I'm sure the EU will step in and provide aid, suckers that they are.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

I am just baffled Ukraine let Russian anything pass through its territory.

But anyway fuck Hungary, they should just go join the CIS.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on July 20, 2024, 06:24:01 AMI'm sure the EU will step in and provide aid, suckers that they are.
You can see the argument the EU should. In effect it should show solidarity if an external country/third country is using this type of leverage on an EU member state.

Problem is the third country is aligned with EU policy and the member state is basically a hostile actor at this point. There may be levers in the treaties that Hungary can try to pull and it'll be for EU leaders to work out a way not to respond.
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

I can understand why the Hungarians would sell themselves to the Russians and why they'd play hardball with the EU. What I can't understand is why the Hungarians would stay bought all this time. Play hard to get, leverage your position, haggle, etc. But you have to circle back at some point, otherwise the others will (slowly) catch on. :hmm: 
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 20, 2024, 10:19:24 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 20, 2024, 06:24:01 AMI'm sure the EU will step in and provide aid, suckers that they are.
You can see the argument the EU should. In effect it should show solidarity if an external country/third country is using this type of leverage on an EU member state.

See, suckers :P

QuoteProblem is the third country is aligned with EU policy and the member state is basically a hostile actor at this point. There may be levers in the treaties that Hungary can try to pull and it'll be for EU leaders to work out a way not to respond.

They'll keep biting the hand that feeds them because they'll keep getting fed and the hand never learns.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

It's time for the annual Hungarian conservative far-right mass gathering in Transylvania, where traditionally Orban does a speech with something outrageous enough to dominate public discourse for the rest of the year so he can go back to stealing.

Couple of other speakers from this year's event (the second one is actually a Brit):

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.