News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hungarian Politics

Started by Tamas, March 09, 2011, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on June 18, 2024, 11:19:06 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2024, 02:59:39 AMJust read that Hungary is doing its bit to support Russian war efforts - the country has purchased 59% more natural gas from Russia than this time last year. While it is priced 7% over the market price on the Dutch market.

After all the kind things Russia has done for Hungary over the years this sacrifice makes sense.

Time to send in Radetsky to really remind them

Sheilbh

Hungary's turn at the top of the European Council for the next six months and making a subtle point:
Let's bomb Russia!

Crazy_Ivan80

at least mega is an actual word

Tamas

He has either lost some weight or was Really pulling his belly in:

Valmy

Look at him, getting fat on Tamas' pension money.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I guess I can refer to myself as having an "Orban" bod in future. :) (Though I think he's shorter than me)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Talking to some Berlin newspaper, Orban said he wants peace and hopes incoming President Trump, who has never started a single war and thus a man of peace the world desperately needs, will be able to convince Kiev and Moscow to stop hostilities.

He largely avoided the question of whether he thinks Ukraine should give up territories for peace, but he did say:  "we cannot know how the Kremlin would react if the United States announced they are stopping hostilities".

Just what the fuck.

Jacob

Well it's pretty clear that Orban is party of the Trump-Putin "let's turn Democracy into oligarchies with ourselves at the top" axis.

Tamas

It seems confirmed that after his surprise Kyiv visit, Orban is heading to Moscow tomorrow.

I guess he must report in person.

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2024, 11:45:58 AMIt seems confirmed that after his surprise Kyiv visit, Orban is heading to Moscow tomorrow.

Interesting. Something is going on. Probably some choice off-record remarks from the Ukrainians to Putin.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

He had to do the trip to Kyiv as President of the Council for the next six months. It's the bare minimum.

The trip to Moscow is for his own reasons. He'll try to position it as looking at a European peace solution which Michel has already says he has no mandate for and is not the EU position.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2024, 11:45:58 AMIt seems confirmed that after his surprise Kyiv visit, Orban is heading to Moscow tomorrow.

If we're lucky, he'll stay for good?  :P

Josquius

Can't help but imagine they'll have a table with a large model mocked up of Kyivs parliament and be asking him all sorts of questions about their security setup.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

In Moscow Orban said his visit is made more significant by Hungary being the EU prez, and he thanked Putin that he was willing to see him during such difficult times.

All those EU leaders too inept to move against him, I hope they enjoy seeing Orban bend over for the soap in his full EU regalia.

Jacob

Could someone bribe some Russian officers of whatever rank and have Orban's flight home be shot down by Russia?