News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Peter King, Muslims, Terrorism & the IRA.

Started by jimmy olsen, March 09, 2011, 04:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Is there anyone seriously questioning the fact that Islam breeds terrorists like a corpse breeds maggots? :yeahright:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 09, 2011, 09:35:00 PM
Cool. Too bad the English didn't join us in our glorious revolution and overthrow the King.

Considering what the revolution was really about was denying the Parliament of Great Britain had any authority to make laws for us...how exactly would the English participate?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2011, 09:56:15 AM
For the English a Glorious Revolution is being invade by the Dutch.
They could have called it "Glorious Revolution 2: Electric Boogaloo"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on March 10, 2011, 05:38:02 PMBumping for Seedy's benefit.  :)

You're taking it all out of context.  Obviously it wasn't for political solidarity, but for the sake of color coordination.  The PLO totally complements the IRA when it comes to accessorizing with green.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2011, 01:32:42 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 09, 2011, 09:35:00 PM
Cool. Too bad the English didn't join us in our glorious revolution and overthrow the King.

Considering what the revolution was really about was denying the Parliament of Great Britain had any authority to make laws for us...how exactly would the English participate?
It was about lack of representation more than it was about Parliament and Britain certainly had that problem.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

How did the targeting of a religious group turn into a debate about the origons of the US rebellion?  An ACW tangent would be tolerable but this is going too far.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on March 10, 2011, 02:03:27 AM
Other than being terrorists? :huh:

And I thought the IRA's ties to PLO terrorists (and various splinter groups) was well documented.
Aside from Irish Americans the IRA's biggest contributors were the Libyans, the Cubans and drug money from Colombia.

King's like Galloway, except he actually helped fund the bastards with blood on their hands.  And I think the way him and other Irish-American politicians feted people like Gerry Adams helped fatally weaken the non-violent Republicanism of real heroes like John Hume and Seamus Mallon.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2011, 05:41:49 PM
It was about lack of representation more than it was about Parliament and Britain certainly had that problem.

Which had nothing to do with the King.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2011, 11:33:44 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2011, 05:41:49 PM

Which had nothing to do with the King.
Revolutions are know to snowball and get a bit more extreme as time goes on.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2011, 05:49:05 PM
How did the targeting of a religious group turn into a debate about the origons of the US rebellion?  An ACW tangent would be tolerable but this is going too far.

See America's history and religious minorities. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2011, 05:49:05 PM
Well, the American Revolution's success in creating the USA eventually led to the ACW, so we may have reason to divert into the ACW at some point.    ;)