News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on December 30, 2011, 01:35:58 AM
Notre Dame ended the 2011 season in exactly the same manner they started it.  They really have to fix that red zone thing.

...sigh...

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

White makes Right, baby.  Go Badgerers.

Eddie Teach

Vandy-Cincy heating up all of a sudden.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Hey, the forgotten Utes came through with a W for the PAC.  Last I saw UCLA was losing to Illinois, but I couldn't stand to watch it anymore. 

Texas A&M finally managed to not give a game away (although they really tried) and got their first bowl win in...a long, long time.  No doubt they're already talking about their upcoming domination of the SEC West.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2011, 07:02:43 PM
White makes Right, baby.  Go Badgerers.

Truth.

dps

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 31, 2011, 06:24:26 PM
  Last I saw UCLA was losing to Illinois, but I couldn't stand to watch it anymore. 

Of course Illinois won.  Even as bad as the Illini are, the Bruins are worse.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

In a shocking turn of events, the Defensive Coordinator responsible for the records of most yards allowed and 2nd most points allowed  in this Baylor bowl game has been let go up at U of Washington.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: katmai on December 31, 2011, 09:26:01 PM
In a shocking turn of events, the Defensive Coordinator responsible for the records of most yards allowed and 2nd most points allowed  in this Baylor bowl game has been let go up at U of Washington.

Surprised either one of those DCs were even allowed on the plane home.

grumbler

Here's an interesting article on the SEC's current dominance of national titles: http://www.omaha.com/article/20111231/SPORTS/712319797

Most interesting statement:
Quote...the SEC's rise to powerhouse is no fluke. And the reasons behind it — the power sources — suggest that the gap between the SEC and its competitors may actually grow over the next five years.

Bandwagonners, man your bandwagon!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

I was looking for the time of the Gator bowl and to my horror, discovered that Taxslayer is sponsoring it. I'm gonna have to put up with their shitty commercials.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on January 01, 2012, 01:40:01 PM
Here's an interesting article on the SEC's current dominance of national titles: http://www.omaha.com/article/20111231/SPORTS/712319797

Most interesting statement:
Quote...the SEC's rise to powerhouse is no fluke. And the reasons behind it — the power sources — suggest that the gap between the SEC and its competitors may actually grow over the next five years.

Well, it makes sense.  The other colleges have the disadvantage of being institutes of higher learning, whereas the SEC is just minor-league football.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

:lol: Don't be hatin'.  It's just good, quality football.  Bigger, stronger, faster.  Can't say the same for the ACC or some other conferences out there.

I still have love for the Big Ten, man. :cry:  They better take this fucking Rose Bowl.  I don't want to see Berkut have an aneurysm to start off the new year.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2012, 04:13:31 PM

:lol: Don't be hatin'.  It's just good, quality football.  Bigger, stronger, faster.  Can't say the same for the ACC or some other conferences out there.

I still have love for the Big Ten, man. :cry:  They better take this fucking Rose Bowl.  I don't want to see Berkut have an aneurysm to start off the new year.

Why would I be rooting for the Big-10 in the Rose Bowl?

I mean, maybe if ASU was playing...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 01, 2012, 05:53:51 PM
Why would I be rooting for the Big-10 in the Rose Bowl?

I mean, maybe if ASU was playing...

I know your hatred for Oregon goes beyond PAC-10 loyalty.  I can tell.