News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

My wife's work set up a morale event at the Nevada-UNLV game Saturday complete with tailgate. Yay.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 06, 2011, 11:31:50 AM
My wife's work set up a morale event at the Nevada-UNLV game Saturday complete with tailgate. Yay.

Sounds fun.  Don't you sorta like Nevada?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on October 06, 2011, 11:38:13 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 06, 2011, 11:31:50 AM

Sounds fun.  Don't you sorta like Nevada?

Yep. UNLV is a bit of a cupcake these days though. This is a trophy game for the Fremont Cannon. They paint the cannon blue or red depending on who wins. It's been blue for six straight years.

This is also Nevada's first home game of the year. Crazy to start off with a month straight away games, three of which are Oregon, Texas Tech and Boise State.

Should be fun. Plus, a lot of my friends work there too, so this will be a bit like a normal hanging out with my friends event, only paid for by MSFT.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 06, 2011, 11:42:35 AM
Should be fun. Plus, a lot of my friends work there too, so this will be a bit like a normal hanging out with my friends event, only paid for by MSFT.  :P

Awesome :cheers:

Must be a tough series having to alternate the site between Reno and Vegas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Uhhh...well LaMichael James is probably done for the season.  :x

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 06, 2011, 10:58:13 PM
Uhhh...well LaMichael James is probably done for the season.  :x

Oh shit what happened?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on October 06, 2011, 11:17:35 PM
Oh shit what happened?

His elbow....well....his arm bent completely the wrong way at the elbow.  It looked pretty bad.  They put his arm in one of those air casts and brought the cart out onto the field for him since he was in so much pain.

sbr

A RB only needs one arm he better be out there next weekend.  :menace:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on October 06, 2011, 11:27:27 PM
A RB only needs one arm he better be out there next weekend.  :menace:

He can hit people with the cast.  It'll be great!

dps

He said it wasn't a seaon-ending injury.

sbr

He dislocated his elbow.   :x Besides tearing your Achilles tendon that has always sounded like one of the most painful things you can do.

QuoteHe would not speculate on whether he'll play next Saturday against No. 22 Arizona State.

PDH

Yep. UNLV is a bit of a cupcake these days though.

Just you wait, you don't know cupcakes untill you get to see Wyoming come to town every other year!  Of oucrse, I might go since you will (of course) let me crash on your couch.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on October 07, 2011, 07:36:37 AM
He dislocated his elbow.   :x Besides tearing your Achilles tendon that has always sounded like one of the most painful things you can do.

QuoteHe would not speculate on whether he'll play next Saturday against No. 22 Arizona State.

Pictures here if you're interested in such things:

http://30fps.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2011-October-6-23-56-56.jpg

http://media.oregonlive.com/ducks_impact/photo/lmjjpg-83cd79b95b3a30b5.jpg

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0POLXBzOCrY

It's good that it might not be as bad as it looked live.  :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: PDH on October 07, 2011, 08:55:16 AM
Yep. UNLV is a bit of a cupcake these days though.

Just you wait, you don't know cupcakes untill you get to see Wyoming come to town every other year!  Of oucrse, I might go since you will (of course) let me crash on your couch.

I imagine you can get a decent hotel room for 20 bucks + whatever cash you're willing to spend at the roulette wheel.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 07, 2011, 09:10:58 AM
I imagine you can get a decent hotel room for 20 bucks + whatever cash you're willing to spend at the roulette wheel.
I rely on the kindness of strangers, their couches, and their beer.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM