And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2011, 11:45:41 AM
Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2011, 11:40:07 AM
Are they not the rivals of the Dallas Cow....ewrrrrh, I mean the Texas Longhorns?

LOL.  The current owner is an Arkansas Razorback who delighted in firing the only important Longhorn ever associated with the cowgirls.  Then he hired another Arkansas grad and drafted a Sooner.

Yeah, I could imagine the two don't like each other, what with going after the same core of bandwagon Texans and other assorted riff-raff.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2011, 11:41:47 AM
No, I am speaking of Notre Dame, of course.

Really?  Still?  I figured everybody had stopped hating them by now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

stjaba

Quote from: grumbler on October 03, 2011, 06:09:58 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2011, 09:24:39 PM
Why would that make tickets to a home game for still-undefeated LSU cheaper?  :hmm: Are there a certain number of tickets set aside for Florida students/alumni?
There are a fixed number of tickets available for visiting-school students in any matchup.  If fewer Florida students want to go see LSU trash Florida, then those tickets will be less in demand, and so lower in price.  After all, the scalpers have to sell them, or eat what they paid.

Exactly. I was able to buy a pair of tickets for face value today, albeit from a non-student, as there are tickets set aside for boosters/season ticket holders as well. I found the tickets on GatorCountry, a Gator fan site. The tickets were listed at $125 each. I sent the seller a message saying that I would be willing to buy them at $75 each(face value). A few hours later, he accepted.

Interestingly, I checked the ticket prices for the game online, and they are going for way more than that. So, I got a pretty good deal.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2011, 11:48:50 AM
Yeah, I could imagine the two don't like each other, what with going after the same core of bandwagon Texans and other assorted riff-raff.

Seriously?  You are lecturing me about bandwagoners?  I mean you are such a bandwagoner you hate Texas and Notre Dame more than your freaking rival.  You are the Tim of haterade.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: stjaba on October 03, 2011, 11:51:29 AM
Exactly. I was able to buy a pair of tickets for face value today, albeit from a non-student, as there are tickets set aside for boosters/season ticket holders as well. I found the tickets on GatorCountry, a Gator fan site. The tickets were listed at $125 each. I sent the seller a message saying that I would be willing to buy them at $75 each(face value). A few hours later, he accepted.

Interestingly, I checked the ticket prices for the game online, and they are going for way more than that. So, I got a pretty good deal.

Wow nice!  Is Brantley going to be ok for the game?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2011, 11:51:58 AM
I mean you are such a bandwagoner you hate Texas and Notre Dame more than your freaking rival. 

Me too. And Ohio St, Michigan and USC more than them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2011, 11:53:57 AM
Quote from: stjaba on October 03, 2011, 11:51:29 AM

Wow nice!  Is Brantley going to be ok for the game?

Brantley's not going to play.  LSU will romp to victory.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7052076/florida-gators-coach-john-brantley-not-expected-play-lsu-tigers-source-says

Valmy

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2011, 11:28:59 AM
Quote from: PDH on October 03, 2011, 11:13:33 AM
To let you know why the hatred of Colorado State runs so deep, Valmy...CSU used to be Colorado A&M, and they were the...Aggies...

Well they did stop being Aggies at some point.  That is progress.
Once a year they wear throwback uniforms with Aggies on the helmet. They will never stop being Aggies.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2011, 11:51:58 AM
Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2011, 11:48:50 AM

Seriously?  You are lecturing me about bandwagoners?  I mean you are such a bandwagoner you hate Texas and Notre Dame more than your freaking rival.  You are the Tim of haterade.

Are you supposed to "hate" your biggest rival?

I mean the Blue Bombers biggest rival is the Saskatchewan Roughriders, and while I wish the Riders would go 0-18 every single year, I don't hate them.  They're lovable in the way you love your inbred, retarded in-laws who live in the country.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 03, 2011, 12:34:33 PM
Are you supposed to "hate" your biggest rival?

I mean the Blue Bombers biggest rival is the Saskatchewan Roughriders, and while I wish the Riders would go 0-18 every single year, I don't hate them.  They're lovable in the way you love your inbred, retarded in-laws who live in the country.   :cool:

Well Arizona State are the biggest cheaters in the history of College sports which is really an amazing achievement.

But frankly I am just sorta disappointed.  Just like your Jets I always rooted for Arizona and hated on ASU because, you know, Berkut is a Languishite and I like talking sports and I thought we were friends and all.  Ah well.  Now we just sorta troll and counter troll each other.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 11:41:31 AM
Oh Valmy, that Iowa State player who was carted off is apparently fine.   As in might play next week fine.

Oh fantastic.  It would have been horrible for a talented guy like that to end his career on a garbage time injury.

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on October 03, 2011, 12:34:11 PM
Once a year they wear throwback uniforms with Aggies on the helmet. They will never stop being Aggies.

Why?  Why would they do that?  Well damn now there are no good guys in the CSU-CU game.

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 09:48:21 AM
Also why are ~half of them covered and saluting, and the other half not?
It may be that the ones in back are underneath the upper deck and so not "outdoors" and thus required (allowed) to cover.

These guys are reserve soldiers, though, correct?  They should be saluting the flag, then, covered or not.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!