And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 03, 2011, 10:52:02 AM
Are all A&M students cadets?

No.  The Cadets are a tiny minority.  But it used to be that way.  Having unofficial military schools was very fashionable in the old south.  Virginia Tech, Virginia Military Institute, and The Citadel are all like that and there are probably others.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

The strange shit isn't limited to the corps, unfortunately.  The posts Tim can't unsee, the ones about the grode jars, didn't come from a cadet as far as I know. 

To be fair though, there are, of course, just normal college students who attend Texas A&M.  There are also the ones who only lose their minds when Texas (the U of) or football or something is mentioned, so it's also not necessarily a 24/7 thing.

Berkut

Those guys definitely sound pretty weird.

On the other hand, they are standing up to the second greatest evil in college sports, so they have that going for them.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

To let you know why the hatred of Colorado State runs so deep, Valmy...CSU used to be Colorado A&M, and they were the...Aggies...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2011, 11:13:08 AM
On the other hand, they are standing up to the second greatest evil in college sports, so they have that going for them.

How are they doing that?

Ed Anger

I want to know who the #1 force of evil is.

*please be Ohio State*

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2011, 11:26:03 AM

*please be Ohio State*

I bet it is John Mackovic.

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on October 03, 2011, 11:13:33 AM
To let you know why the hatred of Colorado State runs so deep, Valmy...CSU used to be Colorado A&M, and they were the...Aggies...

Well they did stop being Aggies at some point.  That is progress.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2011, 11:24:49 AM
How are they doing that?

By making excuses and running away, of course!   :w00t:

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2011, 11:24:49 AM
Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2011, 11:13:08 AM

How are they doing that?

Are they not the rivals of the Dallas Cow....ewrrrrh, I mean the Texas Longhorns?

They may not be doing it well, I'll grant you...

0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Oh Valmy, that Iowa State player who was carted off is apparently fine.   As in might play next week fine.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2011, 11:27:28 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2011, 11:26:03 AM

*please be Ohio State*

I bet it is John Mackovic.

While not a terrible guess, Whackovic is not important enough to rate that level of Evil.

No, I am speaking of Notre Dame, of course.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2011, 11:40:07 AM
Are they not the rivals of the Dallas Cow....ewrrrrh, I mean the Texas Longhorns?

LOL.  The current owner is an Arkansas Razorback who delighted in firing the only important Longhorn ever associated with the cowgirls.  Then he hired another Arkansas grad and drafted a Sooner.