News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stjaba

Quote from: stjaba on October 01, 2011, 08:29:45 AM

I'll be at the Alabama-Florida game. Looking forward to tailgating all day. The Rays-Rangers game starts at 7, somewhat which annoying.

:bleeding:

I am going to the LSU-UF game in Baton Rouge next week. I haven't bought a ticket yet, so at least the prices should be going down after Saturday's debacle.

Eddie Teach

Why would that make tickets to a home game for still-undefeated LSU cheaper?  :hmm: Are there a certain number of tickets set aside for Florida students/alumni?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2011, 09:24:39 PM
Why would that make tickets to a home game for still-undefeated LSU cheaper?  :hmm: Are there a certain number of tickets set aside for Florida students/alumni?
There are a fixed number of tickets available for visiting-school students in any matchup.  If fewer Florida students want to go see LSU trash Florida, then those tickets will be less in demand, and so lower in price.  After all, the scalpers have to sell them, or eat what they paid.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Ok I was going to focus mainly on my hatred for all things Okie this week but this hilariously idiotic gaffe on the part of the Aggies was just too bizarre to pass up:

Viva Chile?

Seriously the hyper patriotic Aggies cannot even get the Texas Flag right?  Or maybe they just really like Chile...or I hope it is a tribute to the Chilean miners.  God please let that be it surely they are not this stupid.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

They're that stupid (it's the Corps of Cadets.  They're barely functional) and I can't wait for them to be in another conference. 

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Also why are ~half of them covered and saluting, and the other half not?

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 03, 2011, 09:46:25 AM
:cry:

:nelson:

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 09:48:21 AM
Also why are ~half of them covered and saluting, and the other half not?

Knowing the Aggies it is probably some sort of tradition where Freshman are not Ag enough to salute the flag yet.  Notice the ones who are not saluting are not wearing hats.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2011, 10:02:08 AM
Knowing the Aggies it is probably some sort of tradition where Freshman are not Ag enough to salute the flag yet.  Notice the ones who are not saluting are not wearing hats.

"Covered" = wearing a hat.  ;)

It must be something like what you're saying, just like the different classes have different yells or whoops or whatever they're called, and if caught making other yells outside of what they're allowed, they....don't they make them do pushups or something? 

Ugh.  Aggies.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 10:07:57 AM
It must be something like what you're saying, just like the different classes have different yells or whoops or whatever they're called, and if caught making other yells outside of what they're allowed, they....don't they make them do pushups or something? 

Ugh.  Aggies.

Heh yep all true.  Actually being able to 'whoop' is like a big honor.  Only seniors and grads get to whoop.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 09:44:05 AM
They're that stupid (it's the Corps of Cadets.  They're barely functional) and I can't wait for them to be in another conference.
I had no opinion of them before this month, and now I'll never think of them without my mind flashing to the horror of those Aggies on Something Awful. :bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 03, 2011, 10:38:44 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 03, 2011, 09:44:05 AM
I had no opinion of them before this month, and now I'll never think of them without my mind flashing to the horror of those Aggies on Something Awful. :bleeding:

Wow Tim you said something that makes me feel positive towards you.  Keep saying stuff like this.

Grey Fox

Are all A&M students cadets?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 03, 2011, 10:38:44 AM

My wife was the same way.  Being from Michigan, she had no exposure to Texas A&M or Aggies at all, and figured they were basically the same as Michigan State is when it comes to Michigan.  Kind of a whiny "little brother," but generally normal and all that. 

She thought I was exaggerating when I would mention how weird they were, and was just shocked when I told her about some of their insane traditions, showed her some Youtube videos, etc.