News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Yeah that is the super secret source guy.  Purple Book Cat.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

That sound you just heard was 300,000 heads smashing into the nearest wall in Lincoln. 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2011, 11:03:20 AM
That sound you just heard was 300,000 heads smashing into the nearest wall in Lincoln. 

:lol:

If it happens the first place I am going to greet our new conference mates would be the Nebraska fan sites.  'So glad to be back together my Big Red friends!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Hey the official UT depth chart has Gilbert at third string!  :nelson:

(according to sources)

Mack's press conference: http://www.texassports.com/allaccess/?media=263364

Barrister

Wait - Notre Dame would give up it's national deal with NBC?  Why would they do that?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2011, 11:07:00 AM
Hey the official UT depth chart has Gilbert at third string!  :nelson:

(according to sources)

Wow.  That is a relief.  I mean I suspected we had seen the last of GG but with Mack Brown you can never tell.  He is so loyal to his players.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 11:06:52 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2011, 11:03:20 AM

If it happens the first place I am going to greet our new conference mates would be the Nebraska fan sites.  'So glad to be back together my Big Red friends!'

I just checked husker boards, and either their corn hasn't picked up the rumor or they dismissed it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 12, 2011, 11:08:31 AM
Wait - Notre Dame would give up it's national deal with NBC?  Why would they do that?

The Big 10 pays more....and NBC sucks ass.  But seriously I have no idea.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 11:06:52 AM

:lol:  "OH HI GUYS!"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Mack talking about more QB competition.  Saying the depth chart could change due to guys getting hurt, transferring, etc, Gilbert going to be competing to "get his job back."  Very PC.  Gilbert is done I think.

Edit:  Here you go Valmy:  http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2011/09/12/mccoy_will_star.html?cxntcid=breaking_news

QuoteCase McCoy will start Saturday's game at UCLA.

David Ash will back him up, along with Garrett Gilbert.

McCoy and Ash are listed as "or" options as starter. But McCoy's name is listed first.

Gilbert is the No. 3 quarterback.

Also, Malcolm Brown will get his first start as well.

Those were the major moves in Texas' depth chart, revealed Monday morning.

Others of note:

Sophomore defensive tackle Ashton Dorsey, who produced a sack against BYU in his first start, will start again next to Kheeston Randall.

Marquise Goodwin has been moved to primary kickoff returner. He'll be paired with Quandre Diggs.

Goodwin also will start at receiver.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 11:09:10 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 12, 2011, 11:08:31 AM

The Big 10 pays more....and NBC sucks ass.  But seriously I have no idea.

I loathe NBC's college football announcers.

Admiral Yi

Mustacheburger is CBS, right?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2011, 11:29:26 AM
Mustacheburger is CBS, right?

He's an ESPN guy now, I think.  Yeah he's an ABC/ESPN announcer now.  Lundquist is the CBS dude.  Hammond is the NBC guy.

VV yeah, that VV

Ed Anger

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:09:55 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2011, 10:08:16 AM
A guy who really likes his hometown high school football team: the Knox City Greyhounds.

Heh sounds awesome.  But no I have never heard of him.

I will check it out...Bill in Sinton-esque rantings?

It's like Bill's retarded cousin.  Literally.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall