News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2011, 10:38:19 AM
So far, AFAIK, they're not actually suing anyone.  They're simply refusing to waive their right to do so.  The SEC admitted A&M on the condition that all the Big XII schools give up their right to sue, and several of them, understandably, don't want to do so.

Yeah but in the end Baylor has no choice.  They already were using the money to expand their facilities.  They have to get that money someplace.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:11:28 AM
  Super secret Big 10 sources say Texas is going there if the Big 12 falls apart blah blah.

Wot Wot?

Texas in the B10 would be cool. Unlikely, but cool.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:44:24 AM
Yeah but in the end Baylor has no choice.  They already were using the money to expand their facilities.  They have to get that money someplace.

So was ISU, I believe.

Admiral Yi

I would have no problem with seeing more chaps and gstrings at B10 games.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:43:19 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 10:41:36 AM
Then they can sue ESPN for violating contract. From what I've read Baylor and the rest of the small fries can add Wyoming and four other crap teams to the Big 12 and ESPN will have to keep paying through the end of the contract (2024)

Wow.

What a pompous douchebag you are.  Crap teams?  Small fries?  You might have noticed Baylor and Iowa State have pretty good teams.
Small fries compared to the rest of the Big 12.

Crap teams was a reference to the Wyomings of the world, not Baylor.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2011, 10:44:55 AM
Wot Wot?

Some super dooper Big 10 insider claims Texas is accepted pending a Big 12 collapse.

But hey super secret sources all over the place in this mess.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 10:46:51 AM
Small fries compared to the rest of the Big 12.

Crap teams was a reference to the Wyomings of the world, not Baylor.

Oh yeah that's alot better :P

But the Kansas teams are not hanging around.  I am not sure what Tech is doing but I doubt they will also.

Iowa State and Baylor will be on their own.  It sucks they deserve better IMO.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:47:55 AM
Wot Wot?

Some super dooper Big 10 insider claims Texas is accepted pending a Big 12 collapse.

If Texas goes to the Big 10 where does Texas Tech go? Pac 16 or SEC?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:47:55 AM
Wot Wot?

I need to start reading the fake Dan Beebe and Fake Jim Delany Twitter feeds again. They were hilarious when Nebraska broke away.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 10:51:20 AM

MWC

Valmy

Well it sorta has to be one of those two doesn't it?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2011, 10:52:12 AM

MWC

:lol:

That would be funny.  Aggies would be burned in effigy in Lubbock for all eternity.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2011, 10:51:26 AM
I need to start reading the fake Dan Beebe and Fake Jim Delany Twitter feeds again. They were hilarious when Nebraska broke away.

The real Beebe is just as funny.

That dude has to be the worst commissioner in the history of sports.  If he was being bribed to blow up the league he couldn't have done a better job.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2011, 10:52:12 AM

MWC
I laughed, but they're way to good to get burned like that. :D

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

QuoteA poster at Northwestern's Rivals site, who goes by the handle of Purple Book Cat, has carved out a reputation as someone with a source inside the Big Ten Conference. PBC was ahead of the national media on Nebraska joining the Big Ten, and correctly predicted the league was courting Texas more than a year ago, which was later proven to be true via president-to-president emails from Gordon Gee to Bill Powers.

In the Internet community, when Purple Book Cat talks, folks listen. On Thursday, the anonymous PBC started a thread revealing at a Wednesday night meeting, Notre Dame and Texas jointly presented the Big Ten Conference a proposal for terms of entry into the league. Such terms came after lengthy discussions involving both schools over the past several months.

Interestingly, the top priority for both institutions was to get the Big Ten to back off its mandate of a 9-game conference schedule beginning later this decade and maintain the current 8-game slate. This would allow Texas and Notre Dame to continue traditional rivalries, with Oklahoma and USC, respectively.

According to PBC, the status quo would be maintained until 2014, at which point the Longhorn Network would become a part of an expanded Big Ten Network when both schools would join the league.

I creamed my pants.