And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 10:05:44 AM
:hmm:

Sure hope this is true and not just a rumor.
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1263940

Rumor has it they wanted the Big 10 but the Big 10 told them to fuck off.  That would be awesome but probably just a rumor.  Super secret Big 10 sources say Texas is going there if the Big 12 falls apart blah blah.

Anyway this conference shit is just shit until something happens.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:11:28 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 10:05:44 AM
:hmm:

Sure hope this is true and not just a rumor.
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1263940

Rumor has it they wanted the Big 10 but the Big 10 told them to fuck off.  That would be awesome but probably just a rumor.

Anyway this conference shit is just shit until something happens.
A&M to the SEC is a done deal, it's all over except for Baylor's screams, and that'll start the dominoes falling. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 10:14:51 AM
A&M to the SEC is a done deal, it's all over except for Baylor's screams, and that'll start the dominoes falling. 

Baylor's legitimate points you mean?  If the Big 12 falls apart Iowa State and Baylor and all the schools whose partners screwed them are going to get paid in court.  They signed a contract and had a verbal commitment.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:16:23 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 10:14:51 AM

Baylor's legitimate points you mean?  If the Big 12 falls apart Iowa State and Baylor and all the schools whose partners screwed them are going to get paid in court.  They signed a contract and had a verbal commitment.
A&M's contract was with the Big 12, not Baylor. Baylor doesn't have grounds to sue.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 10:18:18 AM
A&M's contract was with the Big 12, not Baylor. Baylor doesn't have grounds to sue.

Bullshit.  They are going to suffer millions of dollars in damages.  It may not be A&M who gets called to the carpet but somebody will.

PDH

So Wyoming to the Big 12 isn't going to happen?   :(
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:21:02 AM
Bullshit.  They are going to suffer millions of dollars in damages.  It may not be A&M who gets called to the carpet but somebody will.

Yeah, Baylor would be financially devastated by the loss of the Big XII and that nice new billion dollar TV contract.  It's not just an "Oh well!" kind of thing for them.  There is absolutely no reason for them to sign that waiver.

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on September 12, 2011, 10:27:04 AM
So Wyoming to the Big 12 isn't going to happen?   :(

Well it totally was and then Tim destroyed it.

OttoVonBismarck

I can't really blame Baylor for suing; I don't know the specifics but I can only imagine that unless the Big XII granted A&M a release or whatever it would be a clear violation of A&M's contract with the Big XII to leave...and as a constituent member of the Big XII I don't know that Baylor suing is really as zany as some might think.

Now, A&M pulls a lot more weight in Texas than Baylor so I'm sure the Texas courts will rule in A&M's favor. Depending on which school the judge went to, of course.

MadBurgerMaker

So far, AFAIK, they're not actually suing anyone.  They're simply refusing to waive their right to do so.  The SEC admitted A&M on the condition that all the Big XII schools give up their right to sue, and several of them, understandably, don't want to do so.

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:29:52 AM

Fucker ruins everything.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2011, 10:27:46 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:21:02 AM

Yeah, Baylor would be financially devastated by the loss of the Big XII and that nice new billion dollar TV contract.  It's not just an "Oh well!" kind of thing for them.  There is absolutely no reason for them to sign that waiver.
Then they can sue ESPN for violating contract. From what I've read Baylor and the rest of the small fries can add Wyoming and four other crap teams to the Big 12 and ESPN will have to keep paying through the end of the contract (2024)

1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 10:41:36 AM
Then they can sue ESPN for violating contract. From what I've read Baylor and the rest of the small fries can add Wyoming and four other crap teams to the Big 12 and ESPN will have to keep paying through the end of the contract (2024)

Why would ESPN have violated the Fox tier 2 TV contract?

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on September 12, 2011, 10:39:03 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2011, 10:29:52 AM

Fucker ruins everything.

Look what that asshole did to Notre Dame. Been in decline since he famously declared that the IRISH WILL DEMOLISH THE BUCKEYES! for the '06 Fiesta Bowl.

Ohio State won 34-20 and ND has been in the shitter since.

Tim is a fucktard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2011, 10:41:36 AM

Wow.

What a pompous douchebag you are.  Crap teams?  Small fries?  You might have noticed Baylor and Iowa State have pretty good teams.